Author Topic: Billy Corgan  (Read 9338 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Billy Corgan
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 04:58:35 pm »
Sounding like the big tour next year will be a reformed Smashing Pumpkins with James, Darcy and Jimmy. Apparently it's a poorly-kept secret in Chicago.
Its been pretty much all but confirmed by several major media outlets.

I must have missed that.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 10:53:33 pm »
i thought darcy was still a big maybe/unconfirmed/still says she won't...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 10:56:23 pm »
i thought darcy was still a big maybe/unconfirmed/still says she won't...

well its all negotiations.. obviously Corgan will want them on cheap retainers... he's not going to give them an equal cut.. he probably would rather just give them a flat fee per show and treat them as hired hands...

One time I was surprised to find out how much more Eddie Vedder got than the other Pearl Jam guys....but I guess I shouldn't be.... still at least by all accounts they all get percentages

Sometimes I wonder about bands like the Rolling Stones... its hard to imagine CHarlie Watts gets the same as Jagger and Richards...still percentages

I bet Corgan doesn't even want to give them a percentage.. you have to wonder if he ever did.. after all he pretty much did everything...

walk,on,by

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 12:10:27 am »
Oh billy.  Just bring back zwan, and make beautiful music that stunts our mental growth as we listen, again.

killsaly

hutch

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 12:38:16 am »
D’arcy not part of Pumpkins reunion...drama reigns

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 11:24:27 am »
one side says, they don't want me . . . the other ones say, we've asked and she doesn't want to.  the peanut internet gallery comments are, that she can't play and still has problems, and that the other girl is better.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 11:30:52 am »
By her own text message uploads, they clearly indicated they wanted her on board in some capacity (like coming out for a few songs a night). That said, it was pretty meh of an invite.

It would be nice to have her on the tour but she was always a liability live.
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 12:33:24 pm »

How so? Wasn't Chamberlain the one who got kicked out of the band for ODing and was present when a touring musician died? What's D'Arcy's issue? Mind you, I saw the original 4 plenty of times and never thought there was a problem until I saw them the night before they were in NY and the shit hit the fan. And D'Arcy didn't seem to be the problem at all.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 12:54:04 pm »

How so? Wasn't Chamberlain the one who got kicked out of the band for ODing and was present when a touring musician died? What's D'Arcy's issue? Mind you, I saw the original 4 plenty of times and never thought there was a problem until I saw them the night before they were in NY and the shit hit the fan. And D'Arcy didn't seem to be the problem at all.
By liability I mean playing-wise. The number of bootlegs where they have to stop songs and restart because of D'arcy would require more fingers and toes than I have to count.
LVMH

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 12:40:42 pm »
Anyone going to see bonkers billy? I landed a couple cheap seats.

bearman🐻

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 11:24:41 am »
Anyone going to see bonkers billy? I landed a couple cheap seats.

Same. I'm going with a few friends in Philly and it's more out of morbid curiosity than expecting it to be awesome. But we found some relatively cheap good seats and figured what the hell. I wouldn't mind seeing them one last time. The last time I saw them was in 1999 at the 9:30 with Queens of the Stone Age opening.

vansmack

27>34