Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 99484 times)

redsock

Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2004, 11:21:00 am »
Wow!! Very excited for my CD to come now!!!

ratioci nation

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 11:23:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  For anyone interested, the setlist from last night's Minneapolis show:

so does that mean Into the White is one of their more popular songs?  I guess I am just surprised, it is only a B-side, but it happens to be my favorite Pixies song.

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
When I saw the Breeders at the North Star, Kelley commented that when she toured with the Kelley Deal 5000 (or is it 6000?), people would constantly request Into the White, which, according to her, was "wrong on so many different levels."  At any rate, I was kind of shocked too that a b-side was such a big hit.  

Originally posted by pollard:

so does that mean Into the White is one of their more popular songs?  I guess I am just surprised, it is only a B-side, but it happens to be my favorite Pixies song. [/b]

brennser

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2004, 11:43:00 am »
I definitely think its one of their better and more popular songs - wasn't it on the b-side to Here Comes Your Man? I remember thinking at the time that is was a testament to what a creative roll they were on that it could be a b-side.

so does that mean Into the White is one of their more popular songs?  I guess I am just surprised, it is only a B-side, but it happens to be my favorite Pixies song. [/b]

bearman🐻

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 12:19:00 pm »
I have a live version of "Into the White" recorded at the Metro from Chicago, August 1989, and it is easily one of my favorite Pixies songs. At the end of the song, all of them wail and just rip it up like you would not believe. I'm VERY excited about that one! I just hope they add "Planet of Sound" back into the list.

nkotb

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 04:02:00 pm »
So if I'm understanding this correctly, some discs will be available at each show, regardless of whether they sell out on the site?

grotty

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 04:18:00 pm »

That almost looks too good to be true (at least for me). Any word on other aspects of the show though? Great songs - but how'd they sound in this re-incarnation?

ggw

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by grotty:

That almost looks too good to be true (at least for me). Any word on other aspects of the show though? Great songs - but how'd they sound in this re-incarnation? [/b]
Well, if you know how to work torrent downloads, you can get a copy of the show here

The link above is flac.torrent

The link below is mp3f.torrent

http://pj.sidewalkcrusaders.com/tracker/details.php?id=173

bearman🐻

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2004, 10:30:00 am »
The general consensus is that they're as good, if not better, than they were on the Bossanova tour. Tight as hell, and Black Francis still has the screams to go with it. And apparently they are just thrilled by the reception they are getting from fans. Just heard Wilco pulled out of Coachella...maybe the Pixies will get some of their time slot  :)

ratioci nation

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2004, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Well, if you know how to work torrent downloads, you can get a copy of the show here

The link above is flac.torrent

The link below is mp3f.torrent

http://pj.sidewalkcrusaders.com/tracker/details.php?id=173
I am downloading the show off of sharing the groove, it almost seems too easy to get copies of these shows out, people are just putting up the discs from disc live.

ggw

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2004, 10:54:00 am »
 I am downloading the show off of sharing the groove, it almost seems too easy to get copies of these shows out, people are just putting up the discs from disc live.
What's the difference between .flac.torrent and .mp3f.torrent?

ratioci nation

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2004, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  What's the difference between .flac.torrent and .mp3f.torrent?
not sure, i have only used shn and flac, i am fairly new at this, but I do know that mp3s are frowned upon in the torrent community, maybe it is a flac created from mp3s rather than the original source

ggw

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2004, 11:08:00 am »
 not sure, i have only used shn and flac, i am fairly new at this, but I do know that mp3s are frowned upon in the torrent community, maybe it is a flac created from mp3s rather than the original source
I'm new to it as well.  You're right, the torrent community can be militant about no mp3s.

The size difference in the two file would indicate .flac is much better.

I noticed that the download rate for the Pixies show was considerably (4-5x) faster from the pj site than from the sharingthegroove site. (last night at least).

brennser

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 11:09:00 am »
the minn show is going for over $100 on  ebay

Venerable Bede

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2004, 11:09:00 am »
  Just got tickets for 2 nights at the Aragon in Chicago...woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you know that they are doing 4 nights at the aragon?
OU812