Author Topic: top 10 concerts of 2002  (Read 68255 times)

jadetree

Re: top 10 concerts of 2002
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2002, 01:30:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B><BR>elbow - 930 (the one they headlined)<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>is that your best show that never happened?

Jaguär

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2002, 03:56:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> is that your best show that never happened?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That was the show they co-headlined with South in March. They played one other time when they opened for Doves in June. <P>

mankie

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2002, 11:11:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lamb007:<BR><B>1-Superdrag at Fletchers<BR>2-Superdrag at 9:30 Club <BR>3-Superdrag with Phantom Planet at Black Cat<BR>4-Superdrag with GBV at Cat's Cradle (NC)<BR>5-Superdrag with the Donnas at Black Cat<BR>6-Superdrag with the Donnas at Trocadero (PA)<BR>7-Bleed at Sleazefest in Chapel Hill<BR>8-Superdrag at Howard's Club H (OH)<BR>9-Kasey Chambers at 9:30 Club<BR>10-Aimee Mann at 9:30 Club</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Let's all chip-in and buy this character a cd so they can double their collection!<P>

paige

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2002, 12:32:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mankie:<BR><B>just imagine what it would be like if they bleeped this board!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well you'd be done for that's all i have to say.  

mankie

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2002, 12:36:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> well you'd be done for that's all i have to say.   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No shit!

myuman

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2002, 01:07:00 pm »
Just adding one to the list that I thought that was pretty good... but then again I'm not a Brit, so I'm not sick of them:<P>Stereophonics with opening of JJ72.

liam

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2002, 02:01:00 pm »
Here's a few more top area concerts of 2002:<P>Midnight Oil-9:30<BR>Neil Finn-9:30<BR>Black 47-Black Cat<BR>Paul Westerberg-9:30

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2002, 04:52:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B>That was the show they co-headlined with South in March. They played one other time when they opened for Doves in June. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks Jaguär... <BR>Jadetree, you can safely remove your foot from your mouth now.<P>happy holidays.

jadetree

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2002, 07:05:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B> Thanks Jaguär... <BR>Jadetree, you can safely remove your foot from your mouth now.<P>happy holidays.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well you can call it co-headlining, but they still opened for South, the only one they were going to headline was the cancelled September show.<p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 12-22-2002).]

Dandy01

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2002, 09:00:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B><BR>the music - bowery ballroom<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I hope they do DC soon.  How was the show?

Jaguär

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2002, 09:39:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>  well you can call it co-headlining, but they still opened for South, the only one they were going to headline was the cancelled September show.<P>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 12-22-2002).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>THEY called it co-headling but alternated throughout the tour as to who played first. <P>

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2002, 08:55:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dandy01:<BR><B> I hope they do DC soon.  How was the show?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Seeing The Music was actually one of the high points of CMJ for me. I dig their album and EPs quite a bit and had a strong suspicion that their songs would actually translate better in a live setting, but they still completely surpassed my expectations. For a band that young, they are incredibly powerful and equally tight, easily living up to all the hype they've been receiving in the UK. I think I heard maybe one single questionable moment in the entire set and that was all the way at the end during one of their hyperactive buildups. And frankly, the tempo was careening out of control so much at that point, I had trouble following what was going on myself.<BR>Anyway, I am with you on hoping they come to DC soon. If I remember correctly, a piece of promotional material I picked up said they were touring the US around January opening for Coldplay (a somewhat strange combination if you ask me). Now it's just a matter of whether or not they'll stop off here. I could definitely stand to hear 'The People' again live.

Dandy01

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2002, 06:45:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B> Seeing The Music was actually one of the high points of CMJ for me. I dig their album and EPs quite a bit and had a strong suspicion that their songs would actually translate better in a live setting, but they still completely surpassed my expectations. For a band that young, they are incredibly powerful and equally tight, easily living up to all the hype they've been receiving in the UK. I think I heard maybe one single questionable moment in the entire set and that was all the way at the end during one of their hyperactive buildups. And frankly, the tempo was careening out of control so much at that point, I had trouble following what was going on myself.<BR>Anyway, I am with you on hoping they come to DC soon. If I remember correctly, a piece of promotional material I picked up said they were touring the US around January opening for Coldplay (a somewhat strange combination if you ask me). Now it's just a matter of whether or not they'll stop off here. I could definitely stand to hear 'The People' again live.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Great!  I've been hooked ever since I first heard "Take the Long Road and Walk it."  Here's to them coming to DC, with or without Capitol labelmates Coldplay.<P>