Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 259752 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2015, 01:19:33 pm »
Funny how they might move back to Plaza del Mercado, which is where I first shopped them. Maybe Bobby Rencher could work for them again.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2015, 07:42:39 pm »
some one set up a kickstarter for Hutch

Luna have announced a box set compiling their five albums from the '90s called Luna: Long Players (92-99). In addition to the five reissued vinyl LPs, the box set will contain a sixth record, called Rarities, that compiles demos and B-sides. The box set will come in late fall/early winter via Captured Tracks.

The box set also features a 12x12 book with an interview with Dean Wareham conducted by director Noah Baumbach. Wareham and Baumbach have worked together in the past, with Wareham providing music for Baumbach's 2005 film The Squid and the Whale, and acting in 2013's Frances Ha.

Dean Wareham formed Luna in 1992 following the breakup of his former band, Galaxie 500. Luna broke up in 2004, but reunited late last year and went on a brief European tour. The band will continue the reunion tour with a new string of dates to accompany the box set.

Luna: Long Players (92-99) box set:

Lunapark (1992)
Bewitched (1994)
Penthouse (1995)
Pup Tent (1997)
The Days of Our Nights (1999)

Rarities:

01 Egg Nog (from Time 7", 1992)
02 Indian Summer (Beat Happening cover from Slide EP, 1993)
03 Ride Into the Sun (The Velvet Underground cover from Slide EP, 1993)
04 That's What You Always Say (The Dream Syndicate cover from Slide EP, 1993)
05 Anesthesia (pre-Elektra Records demo, 1991)
06 In the Flesh (Blondie cover from In the Flesh 7", 1997)
07 Bonnie and Clyde (Serge Gainsbourg cover, Penthouse bonus track)
08 I Know You Tried (unreleased demo from Bewitched sessions)
09 Roll in the Sand (from Outdoor Miner 7", 1996)
10 Dear Paulina (from Dear Paulina 7", 1999)

Luna:

lovely...i already have penthouse , pup tent and bewitched (test pressing)....

much as i love luna i can't see myself springing for this..its going to be way pricey....and just sit on a shelf.. moreover, i predict a few months later they'll reissue the individual titles..penthouse, which is the one people really want, for sure....

romantica and rendezvous have way grown on me...i don't consider the first one luna..

i know what they think..that i'll break down and get it for the rarities disc but i think they are wrong..

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2015, 08:30:31 am »
Funny how they might move back to Plaza del Mercado, which is where I first shopped them. Maybe Bobby Rencher could work for them again.

Seriously? That would be great.

Was where I first shopped them as well. Was Bobby the one who opened Phantasmagoria?

hutch

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2015, 10:45:14 am »

Seriously? That would be great.

Was where I first shopped them as well. Was Bobby the one who opened Phantasmagoria?

is this the Bobby from Smash? or a different Bobby?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2015, 11:22:59 pm »
Hutch I never did locate those LPs for you but I do have one you can have.  It is from a band named American Aquarium.  It's a signed test pressing of their latest release that they gave to people who donated at the higher levels in their crowd funding effort.  If you would like to have this let me know and we can make arrangements to get it to you.  I'd prefer it go to someone who is into vinyl such as you.
FUKIT

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:16:06 pm by Sidehatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

Yada

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2015, 01:45:11 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »
pretty amazing minor threat collection:
https://seekingthesimple.wordpress.com/vinyl/minor-threat/

although buying the same thing over and over again seems a bit silly even to this hoarder/collector

I just got the minor threat dischord 12 lp with the red cover and poster....finally... I've had the cd of complete discography but this is one I wanted to have

I used to think Ian MacKaye would never sign stuff but at blue groove soundz record store the owner got him to sign something he's since put on the wall...can't remember what

only recently did I realize that was ian's brother with the head slouched on his arms on the cover...

recorded in Arlington by people who lived in Arlington and purchased by a person who lives in Arlington at Arlington's only record store....nearly 35 years later..

of course its the 7" everyone wants...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »
Hadn't known before that some early Dischord was also labeled Limp, but considering it was Skip Groff's label and he mentored Dischord it makes sense.
😐 🎶

bearman🐻

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2015, 10:12:37 am »
My latest acquisition:

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2015, 11:21:51 am »
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2015, 02:31:10 pm »
That's stupid. Revolver is a much better record.
LVMH

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2015, 02:52:12 pm »
That's stupid. Revolver is a much better record.
gun shops are everywhere
slack