Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 259734 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2018, 05:41:28 pm »
I’ll be posting a link in a few days to a ridiculous LP collection a friend of mine is selling. He owns a record store in Delaware. I just dropped too much money but found unbelievable stuff. Husker Du, Joy Division, Minor Threat, etc. First pressings, mint, etc.

hutch

« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2018, 05:44:26 pm »
Post some pics of your scores!!

dyecraig

« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2018, 06:58:01 pm »
yes, do!

bearman🐻

« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2018, 08:40:39 pm »
Post some pics of your scores!!
I’m inept...what’s the easiest way to do that?

Stay posted to this site:
http://www.maxwellsrecords.com/

A ridiculous amount of Hendrix. Tons of 80’s & 90’s band’s. Everything from Superchunk & Soundgarden, Nirvana (including the Love Buzz 7”), Big Black, Fugazi, 80’s Black Flag LPs & singles, Joy Division bootlegs, X, a super cool Italian pressing of “GI” by the Germs, all the Beastie Boys LPs, Janis Joplin, Hot Tuna...I couldn’t keep up. The immaculate record collection of someone who treasured music, kept it totally sacrosanct and elevated it to art. I couldn’t get through it all. There’s too much and most of it is valuable. It would make my friend incredibly happy if you bought stuff and the estate of this guy will appreciate it too. It ain’t cheap but it’s reasonable for what it is. No knockoffs, no cheap imitations. This stuff is the real deal and it’s in great condition. I’ve had dreams of record shopping and today I got to peruse and buy stuff I’ve wanted for 25 years. No shit.

dyecraig

« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2018, 10:41:34 pm »
dang, will do.

hutch

« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2018, 10:44:11 am »
I need a nice vinyl score!!! Been kind of dry lately....everybody is now chasing the records....even at record stores I see lots of flippers...

dyecraig

« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2018, 10:52:23 am »
I need a nice vinyl score!!! Been kind of dry lately....everybody is now chasing the records....even at record stores I see lots of flippers...
that silver spring record fair at denizen's last sunday was cool.
arbutus is a good time as you know.
baltimore record bazaar 5.20
i know it's a pain to negotiate dealing with the beltway, but sundays are pretty light, and these things generally start early.

hutch

« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2018, 11:31:01 am »
Yeah maybe a good record fair will help!

bearman🐻

« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2018, 08:41:57 am »
I'm pretty sure Steve is going to start posting stuff to this link this week. http://www.maxwellsrecords.com/vinyl-continued/

He's already put out some Beck, some Beastie Boys and other stuff. All of it is going to go fast. If there's something in particular you're looking for, it might not hurt to reach out to him at sfallongg@gmail.com. Try not to overwhelm him because he's facing a very large project.

Looking for a mint copy of "Gish" by Smashing Pumpkins on Caroline? He's got it. Jesus Lizard 7" singles on Touch and Go? He's got it. The very first Nirvana single (Love Buzz) from the Sub Pop singles club, numbered 133? Yup. Prepare to pay through the nose on that one. This stuff won't be priced cheap, but it'll be priced to move. I was playing all my stuff last night, and it sounds/plays great. I'm pretty sure that he's still got Husker Du "Everything Falls Apart" (original on Reflex) and "Land Speed Record" (on New Alliance), both with original lyric sheets. Early pressings of "New Day Rising" and "Flip Your Wig". The "Warehouse" promo double LP with interviews. Pretty much every Soundgarden LP. I didn't even get to peruse the crate of Hendrix. So many 7" singles....probably hundreds, if not a couple thousand. Some stuff is hard to price. The Australian and French Joy Division bootlegs were difficult to figure out. I put those back. I could have easily spent a small fortune. As it is, I tried to stick to stuff I wanted to help complete existing bands I collect on vinyl. I'm now nearly done with Husker Du.

My haul included:

Husker Du -- Zen Arcade (early pressing, autographed by all of the band)
Husker Du -- Candy Apple Grey (original pressing)
Husker Du -- Don't Want to Know if You Are Lonely 7"
Husker Du -- Statues 7"
Husker Du -- In a Free Land 7" (original pressing)
Husker Du -- Could You Be the One 12"
Husker Du -- Ice Cold Ice 12"
Joy Division -- Closer (second pressing)
Joy Divison  -- Love Will Tear Us Apart 12" (1983 pressing)
Minor Threat -- LP (the 2 7" singles reissued, 1987 pressing)
Nirvana -- Sliver 12" (original pressing)

bearman🐻

« Reply #369 on: April 30, 2018, 12:23:11 pm »
Up for grabs at Gidgets Gadjets today...

Prince -- Graffiti Bridge
Hendrix -- Electric Ladyland (naked cover)
Parliament -- Live P Funk Earth Tour
Hendrix -- Midnight Lightning
Johnny Cash -- American V: A Hundred Highways

(there was a bunch of the Cash LPs from American...a bunch other Prince too)

Yada

« Reply #370 on: April 30, 2018, 01:29:01 pm »
Up for grabs at Gidgets Gadjets today...

Prince -- Graffiti Bridge
Hendrix -- Electric Ladyland (naked cover)
Parliament -- Live P Funk Earth Tour
Hendrix -- Midnight Lightning
Johnny Cash -- American V: A Hundred Highways

(there was a bunch of the Cash LPs from American...a bunch other Prince too)

I'm either looking at the wrong page(s) or these aren't up yet?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #371 on: April 30, 2018, 01:31:51 pm »
I don't see them, either.

bearman🐻

« Reply #372 on: April 30, 2018, 02:18:28 pm »
Steve Fallon (ex-Maxwell's club owner and Coyote records founder) is the one putting stuff up. He may have just put it up on his Facebook page...Gidgets Gadgets is his store in Rehoboth Beach, which is where he's selling most of the stuff. Right now it's just coming out piecemeal. But if you follow him on Facebook, if there's something you see he puts up that you like, you should be able to buy online.

Yada

« Reply #373 on: April 30, 2018, 02:27:27 pm »
Steve Fallon (ex-Maxwell's club owner and Coyote records founder) is the one putting stuff up. He may have just put it up on his Facebook page...Gidgets Gadgets is his store in Rehoboth Beach, which is where he's selling most of the stuff. Right now it's just coming out piecemeal. But if you follow him on Facebook, if there's something you see he puts up that you like, you should be able to buy online.

Following... Hmm.. So would I message him direct or post on his comment wall? At any rate, thanks for sharing!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #374 on: April 30, 2018, 02:50:20 pm »
Looking for a mint copy of "Gish" by Smashing Pumpkins on Caroline? He's got it.
This would make a great gift for the certified weblebrity in your life.
LVMH