Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 259654 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2018, 03:18:44 pm »
Steve Fallon (ex-Maxwell's club owner and Coyote records founder) is the one putting stuff up. He may have just put it up on his Facebook page...Gidgets Gadgets is his store in Rehoboth Beach, which is where he's selling most of the stuff. Right now it's just coming out piecemeal. But if you follow him on Facebook, if there's something you see he puts up that you like, you should be able to buy online.

Following... Hmm.. So would I message him direct or post on his comment wall? At any rate, thanks for sharing!

Either way I think he'd be fine with you reaching out! It'll make his life easier to know he's got some excited new customers to help take some of this stuff off his hands.

hutch

« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2018, 05:23:07 pm »
I have a fully signed candy apple grey...definitely treasured

Maxwells/coyote was really cool

I will be on eastern shore this summer and try and check out his store

bearman🐻

« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2018, 10:00:45 am »
Hutch, it's been voted best record store in Delaware. Not because it's got some huge inventory, but because you'll always walk in and find something special. He sold me a Dr. Hook LP signed by Iggy Pop (great story behind that one), first pressing of "Crazy Rhythms" by the Feelies, all kinds of special, wonderful stuff that has come in over the years. A lot of stuff doesn't stick around because someone will see it and impulse buy it. I found a Talking Heads promo with a track listing hand written by David Byrne. That's one of the cooler things I have found. And given some supposed handwriting samples I've found online, I'd say it's legit. But Steve doesn't sell stuff that isn't, which is why buying from him is always a safe bet. He sold me a great Peter Buck LP that you'd never even know was a treasure, but I walked in and he was playing it and I was like "what IS this? It's great!". I can't sing his praises enough.

Yada

« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2018, 12:57:11 pm »
@bearman, talked to your buddy Steve... WOW.

Sounds like an insane collection and I'll be paying a visit during our family vacation this summer. Talk about a gold mine of treasures, however, most likely way way way way out of the range that I'd ever pay for a record. The Midnight Vultures was for $320!!

bearman🐻

« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2018, 01:21:24 pm »
@bearman, talked to your buddy Steve... WOW.

Sounds like an insane collection and I'll be paying a visit during our family vacation this summer. Talk about a gold mine of treasures, however, most likely way way way way out of the range that I'd ever pay for a record. The Midnight Vultures was for $320!!

Yeah...there were a LOT of things that I had to put back because I couldn't buy it all. BUT, if there's something that you really want to have, it doesn't hurt to check with him and see if he can give you a quote. The thing is that some folks (crazy-ass collectors) will pay for a bunch of this stuff. I had to cough up some dough for the stuff I wanted. But when I started playing everything, I was so content. It was exciting and fun for me. But seriously, the collection is a once-in-a-lifetime batch of stuff. It's magnificent. I'm glad that you had a chance to talk to him. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #380 on: May 09, 2018, 01:35:48 pm »
Vinyl bullshit at its shittiest.

Abstractions is a live score for the film of the same name by visual artist Harry Everett Smith, composed as a single, continuous piece. Make Noise have cut it in two halves so it can be absorbed on the format that KAS's music is most perfectly suited to.

😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #381 on: May 18, 2018, 01:39:04 pm »
“High Definition Vinyl” Is Happening, Possibly as Early as Next Year
With a new $4.8 million investment, an Austrian startup says it could have “HD vinyl” in stores by 2019
https://pitchfork.com/news/high-definition-vinyl-is-happening-possibly-as-early-as-next-year/

great, just great.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #382 on: May 18, 2018, 02:20:39 pm »
What year is it?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2018, 03:34:27 pm »
What year is it?

you're talking to vinyl-heads.  time froze sometime around 1983.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2018, 04:12:19 pm »
What year is it?

you're talking to vinyl-heads.  time froze sometime around 1983.

This is the only correct answer to the question so far.  Thank you.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2018, 04:57:44 pm »
So when you stream do you get the booklet with recording info?

« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2018, 05:17:59 pm »
So when you stream do you get the booklet with recording info?
I don't understand why labels don't make this info available
they already made the art for the cd/vinyl ...why can't they just put it online
slack

« Reply #387 on: June 08, 2018, 09:20:42 am »
I don't know what year this is from (a Santana album)...but some odd statements
..the best for less!
hours of continuous and uninterrupted listening pleasure

slack

hutch

« Reply #388 on: June 08, 2018, 09:29:56 am »
I don’t see what’s weird...they just meant you could play it over and over again

Probably 1969 based on inner sleeve history of Columbia Records

« Reply #389 on: June 08, 2018, 09:33:31 am »
this is a great ....Museum Of Obsolete Media
http://www.obsoletemedia.org/audio/

I will say...it is impressive that Vinyl has outlasted all these formats

man... should start collecting piano rolls
Piano roll (1883 – 2008)
slack