Author Topic: KIllers 'headlining' Weenie Roast?!?  (Read 6753 times)

Bags

KIllers 'headlining' Weenie Roast?!?
« on: May 06, 2005, 05:18:00 pm »
See article from NME.  Ah, I think with that lineup, Killers are not the headliners.  If they are, I'm damn glad I couldn't go to the show even if I wanted to....

THE KILLERS v THE BRAVERY!

THE KILLERS will headline LOS ANGELES radio station KROQâ??s annual WEENIE ROAST show on May 21.

The gig will also mark the first time they will share a bill this year with The Bravery.

The two bands have carried on a war of words since March when Killers frontman Brandon Flowers claimed the New York band would not have been signed if not for his Las Vegas outfit.

Also on the bill will be Queens Of The Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Interpol and My Chemical Romance.

Hot Hot Heat, Jimmy Eat World , MXPX, The Transplants will also join the bill with Open End Stereo â?? a local group who won a slot in the line-up after bidding on the stationâ??s tsunami auction.

Following their triumphant set at Coachella last week, Bloc Party return to southern California for the Roast where theyâ??ll play the eventâ??s second stage with The Dead 60s, Alkaline Trio and The Mars Volta.

Tickets for the event, which takes place at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, go onsale next weekend and proceeds will benefit Surfrider and Heal The Bay.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: KIllers 'headlining' Weenie Roast?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 05:25:00 pm »
If I go to Kroq.com, Audioslave are listed at the top, so by definition, they're the headliner. The British music media, however, seems to often list a good 4-5 bands at every festival show as "headliners" though, for some reason, not just the band who plays last.