Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2630957 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #900 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:46 pm »
Yes I made it! It was amazinggggggg! They played for 1 hour 10 minutes with all the highlights from Parc Avenue album...and a couple of new tunes. Very lucky to hear a full set as they opened for Blitzen Trapper in NYC and Brooklyn and they probably played for 30 minutes. Been in love with them since they opened for Wolf Parade in 2007. Good sized crowd...then on the way home it started to snow...but still made it home.

plants and animals tonight

did you make it out to this? how was it? i shouldn't have been a snow pussy, but living in d.c. for a while will do that to ya.
(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #901 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:53 pm »
sorry to interupt this interesting megabus banter . . . but i have a black cat question.  i haven't been in a long time, and when i did i always drove and parked.  but tonight i will take a cab to the show.  so, where is the best place near the club to catch one afterwards?  easy out front at that time?  or am i going to have to walk blocks ?  thanks.  

Vas Deferens

« Reply #902 on: March 02, 2009, 12:38:59 pm »
MVP bus IS the Chinatown bus Apex. www.apexbus.com or www.mvpbus.com

There's another option called MVP Bus that actually stops in downtown Baltimore that has wifi and tables, near North/Charles St., which goes directly to NY for $18, I think. It might be $20 now. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than Amtrak, and way more accommodating than Greyhound.
(_|_)

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #903 on: March 02, 2009, 12:40:35 pm »
Cabs are usually available post-show in front of the club, or at worst, on U Street/14th Street.
Woof.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #904 on: March 02, 2009, 01:09:54 pm »

There's another option called MVP Bus that actually stops in downtown Baltimore that has wifi and tables, near North/Charles St., which goes directly to NY for $18, I think. It might be $20 now. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than Amtrak, and way more accommodating than Greyhound.

Here is the Megabus option site which would probably be my best option out of White Marsh. The other two only list a stop on Charles St. in downtown Baltimore. Though not really all that far for me (about the same as White Marsh), there would then still be the problem of finding a convenient and affordable place to park my car. Only problem with Megabus is that the last bus out of NYC is at 11:59PM which means that it would be best for me to make a whole night of it and then plan to catch the 6:45AM bus out first thing in the morning.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #905 on: March 02, 2009, 01:12:17 pm »
walkonby: yup, if there's nothing out front, walk a block and a half up to U St.  bring your bullet-proof vest ;)

jag: can't you park your car at white marsh mall for free?!?
<sig>

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #906 on: March 02, 2009, 01:24:35 pm »

Here is the Megabus option site which would probably be my best option out of White Marsh. The other two only list a stop on Charles St. in downtown Baltimore. Though not really all that far for me (about the same as White Marsh), there would then still be the problem of finding a convenient and affordable place to park my car. Only problem with Megabus is that the last bus out of NYC is at 11:59PM which means that it would be best for me to make a whole night of it and then plan to catch the 6:45AM bus out first thing in the morning.

Hang with the right people and four late-night hours can seem to just FLY by...;)

Also, yeah, it's a free lot where the bus picks you up in White Marsh.
Woof.

Jaguar

« Reply #907 on: March 02, 2009, 01:27:17 pm »
jag: can't you park your car at white marsh mall for free?!?

Yes, which is one of the reasons that the White Marsh option is what I'd lean towards.

Downtown wouldn't be so bad if Baltimore's public transportation system didn't suck so much which is why I need a spot I can drive to.

Jaguar

« Reply #908 on: March 02, 2009, 01:32:20 pm »
Hang with the right people and four late-night hours can seem to just FLY by...;)

Exactly my thinking!  ;)  Besides, it's NYC. There's always something open; be it an afterhours, a coffee shop or what not. It's those early hours between 7AM-10AM that I've always found NYC streets to be almost strangely empty short of those off to work.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #909 on: March 02, 2009, 01:45:42 pm »

Exactly my thinking!  ;)  Besides, it's NYC. There's always something open; be it an afterhours, a coffee shop or what not. It's those early hours between 7AM-10AM that I've always found NYC streets to be almost strangely empty short of those off to work.

That's usually when I'm slumping home from debauchery. Walk of shame, they call it.
Woof.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #910 on: March 02, 2009, 03:11:13 pm »
by the looks of it your calendar is still _very_ heavy on the DC shows! c'mon theres so many great shows here! :)
on that note - i must go find a bus down to dc for the white lies show :)

Not a problem at all. I have a place in both DC and NYC, but as of late, I've been leaning more towards being more in Brooklyn. I work, albeit freelance, I do work. In terms of how I get to and from DC, I generally use Megabus, Boltbus, or the dreaded chinatown bus (it's super frequent!). I know people who also go to mid-week shows in other cities and STILL go to work the next day, it's not as uncommon as you might think.

:)
HeyLa

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #911 on: March 03, 2009, 01:30:06 am »
Matmos is playing a free show in Philly on Thursday night, I might be down for that.
Woof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #912 on: March 03, 2009, 02:05:59 am »
What what what?

I've still never seen them. Flaked on the Velvet show last october. :(
احمد

sonickteam2

« Reply #913 on: March 03, 2009, 11:46:47 am »
tonight I will be at Rams Head to see Hollywood Undead.  I am kind of interested to witness this atrocity.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #914 on: March 03, 2009, 12:26:30 pm »
tonight I will be at Rams Head to see Hollywood Undead.  I am kind of interested to witness this atrocity.

I seriously expect a full report on this tomorrow! Setlist and all!
Woof.