Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2631467 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #915 on: March 03, 2009, 01:11:45 pm »
tonight I will be at Rams Head to see Hollywood Undead.  I am kind of interested to witness this atrocity.

please tell me you are working at this show.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #916 on: March 03, 2009, 02:20:56 pm »
tonight I will be at Rams Head to see Hollywood Undead.  I am kind of interested to witness this atrocity.

please tell me you are working at this show.

definitely working the show.  how i got this one and not Hall & Oates is beyond me. 

If anyone needs a wallet chain tomorrow, lmk as i'll probably have about 50.

walkonby

« Reply #917 on: March 03, 2009, 05:08:11 pm »
check out yesterday's usa today.  there is an article on them.  they are the next cool thing.  didn't you know that.  the crowd should be:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:13:53 pm by walkonby »

sonickteam2

« Reply #918 on: March 04, 2009, 11:07:59 am »
My Hollywood Undead review:

firstly, let me tell you that despite thinking the crowd would all have cool masks on and fake blood all over them, I was disappointed.  This is not some Insane Clown Posse movement (yet).  This was a very mishmoshed crowd ranging from scared looking 15 year old girls all the way up to 22-24 year old drunk scumbags who obviously havent matured much since they were in high school.  Also, they were ugly. I mean, i dont know too many guys who would utterly hate having to spend the evening with a bunch of good looking high school / early college girls.  Not in a perverted sort of way......well, you know, theres worse things to look at i suppose.  but this was NOT the best looking bunch of kids i've seen! 

Anyway, the first band....Brokencyde, is worth noting. and worth checking out.  I will just link one song cause you wont be ABLE to listen to 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TH5ibABP4U Were these guys not loved enough when they were young? I have nothing more to say about this band ......  ever. 

The next two bands, Haste the Day and Senses fail were emo junk....skip.  Other than that about 1/4 of the people left after Senses Fail, i guess not everyone was undead.

So these clowns come on and play that "Undead" song which sounds a bit like Eminem or Linkin Park, its ok really, more funny than anything else, but its a real song anyway.  And that was the last real song they played.

For some reason i thought they were going to be some crazy weird evil like band with those masks or costumes or whatever, but no.  They all took their masks off after the first song and they were just dudes up there acting lke douches cursing and shouting vulgarities to mostly kids not old enough to drive.

They didnt do anything cool, nothing special and nothing interesting. Usually a band that lacks so much talent, makes up for it in stage effects, costumes, antics or something.  This was just some dudes saying some raunchy shit without rehearsing and they went from perhaps Eminem/Linkin Park territory straight to just being a Kottonmouth Kings ripoff.   and thats bad.   

The kids liked em though, but sometimes i think kids that age like anything. 

i dont have a setlist, sorry ;)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #919 on: March 04, 2009, 05:48:53 pm »
Any thoughts on the openers for tonight's Whigs show?

The Whigs
Dead Confederate
Trances Arc

Vas Deferens

« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2009, 06:01:00 pm »
Not impressed with Dead Confederate, at least on record.

The Whigs
Dead Confederate
Trances Arc
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2009, 06:02:41 pm »
I dont know about Trance Arc, but Dead Confederate are nice.  Their debut cd is good old fashioned rock and roll, much in the same vein as the Whigs.  Ive heard a couple of semi accurate descriptions of them, like they are Bleach era Nirvana playing My Morning Jacket songs, or they are southern redneck shoegaze.  Whatever the case, expect lots of distortion and tortured howling.  

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2009, 07:50:40 pm »
That Brokencyde song is classic.

Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #923 on: March 04, 2009, 08:30:20 pm »

eltee

« Reply #924 on: March 05, 2009, 11:12:08 am »
Lisa H. - Sunday

Samantha

« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2009, 11:47:47 am »
I can't decide on the Black Lips tonight or not.  Anybody?  Will it sell out before I get there?  I don't wanna be there at doors, and I can never judge these kinds of things

xcanuck

« Reply #926 on: March 05, 2009, 12:01:06 pm »
No one seeing Tindersticks and Dawn Landes tonite?

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #927 on: March 05, 2009, 12:26:43 pm »
I'm changing it up. Matmos canceled their show tonight, so I'm going to NY to see Paper with Talk Normal, Graffiti Monsters, and Never Tune at the Cake Shop.
Woof.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #928 on: March 05, 2009, 01:01:34 pm »
I'll be there! Can't wait!  ;D

No one seeing Tindersticks and Dawn Landes tonite?
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #929 on: March 05, 2009, 01:19:16 pm »
Did ya love the Whigs set?  ;D  THEY WERE SOOOO GOOOOOD.
Dead Confederate were forgettable.

The Whigs
Dead Confederate
Trances Arc
(_|_)