Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2630841 times)

vansmack

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #1065 on: April 14, 2009, 02:07:48 pm »
Dr. Dog, Thursday at the Fillmore.
27>34

« Reply #1066 on: April 14, 2009, 02:14:32 pm »
I like their new album, but hey, you can't see every show, unless you're Joe.

No one seeing Great Lake Swimmers tonite at the Black Cat (backstage)? I'm surprised they're playing backstage. They're playing much larger venues elsewhere. No wonder it sold out in advance. RnRH might have been a better venue.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1067 on: April 14, 2009, 02:31:54 pm »

that's not true.

ixpkd-bk goes to every show, too.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1068 on: April 14, 2009, 02:36:40 pm »
azaghal goes to way more shows......at least this year....

that's not true.

(_|_)

« Reply #1069 on: April 14, 2009, 02:47:09 pm »
I was going to include him and ixpkd-bk, but their names don't rhyme with "show".

azaghal goes to way more shows......at least this year....

that's not true.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1070 on: April 14, 2009, 04:02:28 pm »
my bad, didn't realize that you were waxing poetic.

nit-picking: we both got his screen name wrong.  it's ixkpd-bk ("i escaped brooklyn"... a lil' bit of trivia for y'all).
<sig>

MistressKelly

« Reply #1071 on: April 14, 2009, 04:05:06 pm »
The Faint tonight at the club.   8)  Might not stay for Ladytron since it's a work night...

Maybe Faint again at Sonar tomorrow.  What's their set time in Balto?  Anyone know off the top of their heads?

Thanks,

M Kelly

eltee

« Reply #1072 on: April 14, 2009, 04:24:29 pm »
No one seeing Great Lake Swimmers tonite at the Black Cat (backstage)?
I wish! Next time I guess.
Didn't make it to M&NSoSos - they'll be back.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1073 on: April 15, 2009, 12:53:05 am »
I liked Ladytron a lot more than The Faint. Hell, I even enjoyed Crocodiles a lot more than the Faint, too.
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #1074 on: April 15, 2009, 05:10:41 am »
That Ladytron show tonight was a C, or a B- at best. Loved Crocodiles though.

The Faint was high energy and fun, but seriously every song sounded the same. I hate that.

Off to LA, today!
Woof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1075 on: April 15, 2009, 08:37:51 am »
Crocodiles were a really pleasant surprise.

Totally agreed on The Faint.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #1076 on: April 15, 2009, 09:42:37 am »
i don't like this tour thing anymore, i think.  get home at three, in bed and asleep by something or other after falling victim to a evening of countless bars, dinner at a nice benito box joint, and then many  ingested jestables while smiling wide toward the dead on stage again.  45 minute dark star . . . are you kidding me?  tipper gore on drums during encore?!  wavy gravy on side stage the entire night playing air guitar with his "mojo staff."  beer lines not all that bad.  but the kids next to me progessively got stinkier as the night went on.  oh well.  the scent of endless mary jane covered it well.  now i can say that i like phil.  he's ok by my books . . . and he even gets the nod for the donor rap.  but warren's singing ruins everything; just stick to your hands of magic.  eclectic crowd of all ages, all levels of boredom to enriched excitement from the ones retelling the tales of first shows and how many from the past attended where they know "venue,date,setlist,ticket price."  oh and those naughty nitrous tanks out front of the verizon.  a sea of pink and purple balloons.  pretty, silly tripping hippies.  and on to the next show tonight.  maybe i do still like this tour thing, though i feel old after every one.

« Reply #1077 on: April 15, 2009, 09:51:57 am »
How about that Tipper Gore?

i don't like this tour thing anymore, i think.  get home at three, in bed and asleep by something or other after falling victim to a evening of countless bars, dinner at a nice benito box joint, and then many  ingested jestables while smiling wide toward the dead on stage again.  45 minute dark star . . . are you kidding me?  tipper gore on drums during encore?!  wavy gravy on side stage the entire night playing air guitar with his "mojo staff."  beer lines not all that bad.  but the kids next to me progessively got stinkier as the night went on.  oh well.  the scent of endless mary jane covered it well.  now i can say that i like phil.  he's ok by my books . . . and he even gets the nod for the donor rap.  but warren's singing ruins everything; just stick to your hands of magic.  eclectic crowd of all ages, all levels of boredom to enriched excitement from the ones retelling the tales of first shows and how many from the past attended where they know "venue,date,setlist,ticket price."  oh and those naughty nitrous tanks out front of the verizon.  a sea of pink and purple balloons.  pretty, silly tripping hippies.  and on to the next show tonight.  maybe i do still like this tour thing, though i feel old after every one.

walkonby

« Reply #1078 on: April 15, 2009, 10:01:37 am »
from the pmrc . . . to phil, bobby, fake jerry and smoking weed.  al must be proud.   ;D :o

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1079 on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:57 am »
I thought the Faint were the best. Of course I know most of their stuff and I don't think they all sound the same. Loved the setlist (esp. Southern Belles, which I have not heard live before).

It would have been better if I wasn't familiar with Ladytron's new stuff...just doesn't translate well live (except I'm Not Scared). The ones that translated well live were from Witching Hour (Soft Power, High Rise).

That Ladytron show tonight was a C, or a B- at best. Loved Crocodiles though.

The Faint was high energy and fun, but seriously every song sounded the same. I hate that.

Off to LA, today!
(_|_)