Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2631857 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #1410 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:56 am »
TRASH CAN SINATRAS tonite at RnR Hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who else is in???
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #1411 on: August 13, 2009, 10:47:38 am »

who else is in???

I got nothing against TCS btw

Prediction: very sparsely attended show.
Prediction 2: last ever TCS show in DC.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:05:38 am by hutch »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1412 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:21 pm »
My TSC prediction is lots of fanboys making obscure song requests.

Anyone go to to the Budos Band show tonight? 
T.Rex

eltee

« Reply #1413 on: August 13, 2009, 10:28:59 pm »
I've wanted to see them..just can't make it over there during the week.
Why is the prediction it'll be their last show?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #1414 on: August 14, 2009, 01:54:50 am »

who else is in???

I got nothing against TCS btw

Prediction: very sparsely attended show.
Prediction 2: last ever TCS show in DC.

didnt they play 930 last time they were here?  opening for someone?  all i remember is that there weren't many people there
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1415 on: August 16, 2009, 06:12:28 pm »
Trash Can Sinatras started rough. Lots of feedback during the first three songs, but eventually they pulled it off. Great to hear the older songs...not so sure about the new songs...

I enjoyed Bat For Lashes immensely  ;D    great band backing her up esp. the drummer. So into her more danceable songs than the slow ones.

this week: Dungen/Woods at Ottobar, Breeders at Black Cat...anything else I'm missing?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:15:03 pm by Hello Sunshine Marshmallow! »
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1416 on: August 16, 2009, 06:20:16 pm »
bat for lashes was pretty damn impressive but would have been even better without the incessant chatter.  the missus took it upon herself to shush a few folks - instant entertainment right there.  BfL's set was a tad over 60 minutes, which include the 5 minutes of clapping before the encore - a bit on the short side.  openers, "other lives" were alright but nothing special.  their tired pacific northwest hippie look was borderline annoying.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #1417 on: August 16, 2009, 06:54:06 pm »
Damn...how'd Joe and I miss you?

I could've had the pleasure of complaining about BFL to you in person. :)
احمد

redsock

« Reply #1418 on: August 16, 2009, 08:18:29 pm »
bat for lashes was pretty damn impressive but would have been even better without the incessant chatter.  the missus took it upon herself to shush a few folks - instant entertainment right there.  BfL's set was a tad over 60 minutes, which include the 5 minutes of clapping before the encore - a bit on the short side.  openers, "other lives" were alright but nothing special.  their tired pacific northwest hippie look was borderline annoying.

Now that's what I'm talking about...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1419 on: August 16, 2009, 08:45:48 pm »
Damn...how'd Joe and I miss you?

I could've had the pleasure of complaining about BFL to you in person. :)

we were on the floor, left side, front half (but just past half).  it wasn't crowded at all around us, someone could have made it all the way to the front if really wanted to.  we had a good spot where we were and couldn't be bothered to nudge ourselves closer.  did anyone else notice how short the crowd was?!?  i swear that in the first 10-12 "rows" of people, maybe three or four of them were more than 5'6" tall.  it was awesome :)

and azag, you would have complimented the missus perfectly - she complained about the openers (but quietly!).  having you around for BfL would have made it the perfect bitch-fest and would have fully interfered with my ability to enjoy the show :P
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #1420 on: August 16, 2009, 09:50:33 pm »
Unless a show is utterly horrendous to a point where I'm considering walking out, I save my bitching until the end. Since last night wasn't anywhere near that, you would've enjoyed it all just fine without interruption.
احمد

xcanuck

« Reply #1421 on: August 17, 2009, 11:29:25 am »
Agreed that Bat for Lashes was impressive. I hadn't heard much from her but the live set surpassed anything I had heard online. And yes - the drummer was excellent.

Going to see OLP tonite in order to maintain my Canadian citizenship. I saw them at the Ottawa Bluesfest last month and they really impressed me. They took a lot of flak for the previous two albums and what I heard of Burn Burn is definitely more like the early stuff. Looking forward to it.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1422 on: August 17, 2009, 11:32:14 am »
I'll be at OLP tonight as well and maybe the thing at Velvet tomorrow.

And then nothing for a while. Ugh...boring august.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1423 on: August 17, 2009, 11:39:18 am »
azagh- enjoy Our Lady Poop. Your music taste have really come a long, dirty way!
(_|_)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1424 on: August 17, 2009, 12:33:31 pm »
how long did the trash cans play in DC? They put on an excellent show in NYC. I liked that you could buy a recording of the show right after the set. They played a good 2 hour set. Paul had this ingenius idea that anytime someone yelled out a song - he'd play a few seconds of it on the guitar. He said he was in a teasing mood, and Frank was wondering what the hell was wrong with him. It was pretty amusing, but rather mean at the same time. I really liked their new stuff, but wished theyd played just a few more of their earlier songs.

seems theyre playing 18-20 songs on all nights -- very cool.

Trash Can Sinatras started rough. Lots of feedback during the first three songs, but eventually they pulled it off. Great to hear the older songs...not so sure about the new songs...

I enjoyed Bat For Lashes immensely  ;D    great band backing her up esp. the drummer. So into her more danceable songs than the slow ones.

this week: Dungen/Woods at Ottobar, Breeders at Black Cat...anything else I'm missing?
HeyLa