Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2631155 times)

hutch

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5850 on: September 23, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »
::)

all I'm saying is the show is obviously not "expensive"; more like you are "cheap"

don't take it as an insult just think about it...

there's what? 4 or 5 guys in the band? they tour every few years? they certainly don't make much money selling records given how everyone is into streaming, right? they're coming from clear across the country.. how much do you expect grown men to tour for? $25 is really reasonable... now if you can't swing it or don't want to that is your prerogative of course.... but "expensive"??? come on now!

K8teebug

« Reply #5851 on: September 23, 2013, 01:58:02 pm »
25 for Mudhoney is not expensive.  How many shows are even 25 bucks these days?  Most are 40.

K8teebug

« Reply #5852 on: September 23, 2013, 01:58:58 pm »
And I mean for bands of this nature.  I realize there are still free, 5 dollar, and 10 dollar shows out there in musicland, but not for bands like that.

Heck I think I paid around 20 the last time I saw Shellac.

killsaly

« Reply #5853 on: September 23, 2013, 02:00:17 pm »
I didnt say they shouldnt charge it. I said:

I didnt even realize it was that expensive.  I dont think I will be there either. 

That isnt the ONLY reason i am not going.  I have other plans.

I was simply making a statement that i thought it would be less.  I am NOT skipping them because of the price.

I thought it would be $20 or less. 

The price is NOT the reason i am not going.  I am not cheap and i would wager i probably spend more money on music than most of the people on here. 

So why call me stupid?  Or cheap? 

killsaly

« Reply #5854 on: September 23, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »
OK maybe the music you like averages $40 a ticket.  I usually pay around $15.

« Reply #5855 on: September 23, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »
Or cheap? 

come on man...there were " 's around the word cheap.  totally different meaning.  not sure how,  but I know it would make all the difference
slack

atomic

« Reply #5856 on: September 23, 2013, 02:06:47 pm »
Why argue about what you think is a fair price?  Killsally goes to a lot more shows than you.  He might go to 4 shows in one week you go to 1 show a month.  Everyone's expenses are different and price that they think is fair to pay for any item.  I like U2 but I would never pay the prices they want for me to see them.  Others do.  

Yada

« Reply #5857 on: September 23, 2013, 02:07:30 pm »
25 for Mudhoney is not expensive.  How many shows are even 25 bucks these days?  Most are 40.

james ford hasn't paid more than $10 for a ticket in his concert going career.

BookerT

« Reply #5858 on: September 23, 2013, 02:07:54 pm »
"Seeing Mudhoney frontman Mark Arm pulling records from shelves in Sub Pop's warehouse is akin to finding Iggy Pop at the Jiffy Lube. Really? Arm?one of the catalysts of gr*ng*?has to work a day job? He can't live off the royalties from "Touch Me I'm Sick"? What kind of world is this?"

This job consumes a lot of time, and it's been four years since the last Mudhoney album (The Lucky Ones). It takes longer now to create albums because everybody has other responsibilities. Bassist Guy Maddison, for example, is a stat nurse at Harborview, and guitarist Steve Turner lives in Portland, where he deals records, so Mudhoney don't practice much.

Touch Me, I'm Sub Pop's Warehouse Manager

killsaly

« Reply #5859 on: September 23, 2013, 02:08:16 pm »
Thank you atomic/

nkotb

« Reply #5860 on: September 23, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »
So they should have a tip jar?

"Seeing Mudhoney frontman Mark Arm pulling records from shelves in Sub Pop's warehouse is akin to finding Iggy Pop at the Jiffy Lube. Really? Arm?one of the catalysts of gr*ng*?has to work a day job? He can't live off the royalties from "Touch Me I'm Sick"? What kind of world is this?"

This job consumes a lot of time, and it's been four years since the last Mudhoney album (The Lucky Ones). It takes longer now to create albums because everybody has other responsibilities. Bassist Guy Maddison, for example, is a stat nurse at Harborview, and guitarist Steve Turner lives in Portland, where he deals records, so Mudhoney don't practice much.

Touch Me, I'm Sub Pop's Warehouse Manager

atomic

« Reply #5861 on: September 23, 2013, 02:14:01 pm »
Recent Concert Tickets:

junip 15
deer tick 15
neutal milk hotel 32
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra 26
Father John Misty 16

I paid 65 I think for the Killers but those were front row seats at MPP. I do think I was cheated though. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5862 on: September 23, 2013, 02:18:53 pm »

and a blue haired girl in london gave him free tickets to see the pixies.  ;D

atomic

« Reply #5863 on: September 23, 2013, 02:21:58 pm »

and a blue haired girl in london gave him free tickets to see the pixies.  ;D

Was this back in the 80's?

Yada

« Reply #5864 on: September 23, 2013, 02:28:00 pm »
Josh Ritter on Saturday