Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2630856 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5865 on: September 23, 2013, 06:10:58 pm »
hey killsaly . . . i did not mean it as an attack on you.  you know, lets get off subject for a second, and discuss your name, this killsaly . . . who is saly and why do you want to kill her?  im sure im missing the true meaning, but i like mine, as well.  kill saly.  but anyway, what i wanted to say, which was really directed at holy than thou azag, anyway, was that artists should charge as much fucking money as they want.  always.  people will pay it.  some people will some people wont.  if you art up the art of the art, you can charge bullshit prices for it.  that is part of the process of art.  you consume it for what ever reason and you pay for it.  the paying for it is part of the high of it, the art of it.  money and the reason to consume is art in itself.  let bands be who they want to be.  dont judge them for wanting money.  i want money.  you want money.  seth wants all our fucking money.

you know, i just reread the last page again . . . and realized it was all hutchs fault.  he put this idea into my head that you two were talking about how a certain band wasnt worth their ticket value, and maybe you werent talking about that at all.  azag probably just ran out of money but will get a free ticket anyway and you had other plans, and hutch made me ramble on like an, like a, person who still believes that about bands and art and money and all that, but good lord i need to stop letting hutch control my mind and wait a minute or two before posting.  im sure seth enjoyed that part about wanting all our money, though.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:43:07 pm by walkonby »

Yada

« Reply #5866 on: September 23, 2013, 07:55:20 pm »
hey killsaly . . . i did not mean it as an attack on you.  you know, lets get off subject for a second, and discuss your name, this killsaly . . . who is saly and why do you want to kill her?  im sure im missing the true meaning, but i like mine, as well.  kill saly.  but anyway, what i wanted to say, which was really directed at holy than thou azag, anyway, was that artists should charge as much fucking money as they want.  always.  people will pay it.  some people will some people wont.  if you art up the art of the art, you can charge bullshit prices for it.  that is part of the process of art.  you consume it for what ever reason and you pay for it.  the paying for it is part of the high of it, the art of it.  money and the reason to consume is art in itself.  let bands be who they want to be.  dont judge them for wanting money.  i want money.  you want money.  seth wants all our fucking money.

you know, i just reread the last page again . . . and realized it was all hutchs fault.  he put this idea into my head that you two were talking about how a certain band wasnt worth their ticket value, and maybe you werent talking about that at all.  azag probably just ran out of money but will get a free ticket anyway and you had other plans, and hutch made me ramble on like an, like a, person who still believes that about bands and art and money and all that, but good lord i need to stop letting hutch control my mind and wait a minute or two before posting.  im sure seth enjoyed that part about wanting all our money, though.

Did you consider this entry practice?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5867 on: September 23, 2013, 08:08:19 pm »
i consider, life . . . practice.  sorry, this week rollcall thread.  i am done.

hutch

« Reply #5868 on: September 23, 2013, 09:00:57 pm »
like most arguments its about semantics or language...

ex·pen·sive
ikˈspensiv/
adjective
adjective: expensive

costing a lot of money.
    "keeping a horse is expensive"
    synonyms:   costly, high-priced, dear; More

or

ex·pen·sive  (k-spnsv)
adj.
1. Requiring a large expenditure; costly.
2. Marked by high prices: expensive stores.

Is $25 to see Mudhoney expensive? Personally I think it was a bargain and was sorry to miss it..

azaghal1981

« Reply #5869 on: September 23, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »
Geez.

Two full pages of arguing just because I said I wasn't going to pay $25 for a show and somehow that makes me "holy than thou." OK

Really can't predict what sets off this board, eh?

And what's that about free tickets? I didn't go.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:21:10 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

hutch

« Reply #5870 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:30 pm »
Geez.

Two full pages of arguing just because I said I wasn't going to pay $25 for a show.

Really can't predict what sets off this board, eh?

And did I miss something about free tickets?

get over yourself.. nobody had any issue with what you said! people obviously can pay whatever they choose to ...again its the semantics... the point is if you don't pay 25 because you choose not to because its too high for you its great..to each their own......who gives a shit?.... if you say its "expensive" then its different.... because its not expensive

capiche?

hutch

« Reply #5871 on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:16 pm »
now azaghal if you say its expensive you're fucked..so dont' say it dude.

;D

atomic

« Reply #5872 on: September 24, 2013, 12:23:55 am »
I went to soft fest a.few years back and it was like 6 bucks for 12 bands and you could bring your own beer.  Everything is relative.  I don't.think you tell people what is expensive to them.  You don't know about anyone financial situation.  I am fortunate to have a well paying job and don't pay a mortgage and have no kids.  And sometimes a club show for 25 bucks seems high to me if I bought a bunch of show tickets recently. 

James Ford

« Reply #5873 on: September 24, 2013, 07:43:55 am »

25 for Mudhoney is not expensive.  How many shows are even 25 bucks these days?  Most are 40.

james ford hasn't paid more than $10 for a ticket in his concert going career.
and a blue haired girl in london gave him free tickets to see the pixies.  ;D

Was this back in the 80's?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5874 on: September 24, 2013, 09:35:58 am »
I personally don't attend any concert that costs less than $40. I don't want to see the kind of rapists and scumbags who can afford to come to shows if they're only like $15. Disgusting.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #5875 on: September 24, 2013, 09:42:15 am »
Think that will get them riled up?

I personally don't attend any concert that costs less than $40. I don't want to see the kind of rapists and scumbags who can afford to come to shows if they're only like $15. Disgusting.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5876 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:10 am »
Think that will get them riled up?
Probably not, too transparent but sometimes you throw bloody fish out there to the sharks just to be nice and feed them, ya know?
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #5877 on: September 24, 2013, 10:13:14 am »

Oh I hope I am not raped at the symphony on Saturday.

atomic

« Reply #5878 on: September 24, 2013, 10:18:10 am »
Seriously though,  I wonder why I never have seen altercations at diy shows that have no security and it is byob

killsaly

« Reply #5879 on: September 24, 2013, 10:33:13 am »
What shows are you going to this week?