Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2631608 times)

dyecraig

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #8715 on: April 18, 2017, 06:24:05 pm »
i have a ticket to see richard thompson somewhere in northern virginia but i'm totally unexcited about it...
it's a decent hall, but a little stiff and you have to behave.

dyecraig

« Reply #8716 on: April 18, 2017, 06:24:50 pm »
wednesday - tinariwen @ the barns

hutch

« Reply #8717 on: April 18, 2017, 06:50:11 pm »
i have a ticket to see richard thompson somewhere in northern virginia but i'm totally unexcited about it...

i have a pretty lousy seat...i was in a richard thompson phase many months ago when i bought my ticket but now i'm not into it.. this is the problem with buying tickets so far in advance..

« Reply #8718 on: April 18, 2017, 08:15:53 pm »

i have a pretty lousy seat...i was in a richard thompson phase many months ago when i bought my ticket but now i'm not into it.. this is the problem with buying tickets so far in advance..
not too long before he's in the DLF thread...and you'll regret skipping this one
slack

hutch

« Reply #8719 on: April 18, 2017, 08:56:37 pm »

not too long before he's in the DLF thread...and you'll regret skipping this one

well i will probably drag my sad body over there...

richard thompson is one of those guys I want to like more than I do.. I've lsitened to a ton of his music.. but for whatever reason I seem to like the people he collaborated with much more than I like him! I'd give a lot to see John Martyn , Sandy Denny or Nick Drake.. meanwhile Thompson keeps putting out albums everyone insists are amazing but they leave me bored.. although ocassionally I dig his stuff... I guess i respect him more than I am able to appreciate him but invariably I go back to his music and try again...

oh and he ain't going anywhere for a while..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:01:01 pm by hutch »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8720 on: April 18, 2017, 09:09:00 pm »
Too bad dengue fever are not opening  :'( :'( :'(

(_|_)

dyecraig

« Reply #8721 on: April 18, 2017, 09:10:55 pm »
Too bad dengue fever are not opening  :'( :'( :'(

yeah, i know - always have wanted to catch them.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8722 on: April 23, 2017, 09:13:40 am »
Hurray for the Riff Raff tonight! I'll be the guy dressed like Riff Raff.

(o|o)

dyecraig

« Reply #8723 on: April 23, 2017, 09:39:49 am »
thursday - the revolution
1st time going to FSS, not thrilled, but taking the day off so i can hit joe's, bump n grind, roadhouse, negril, etc.

hutch

« Reply #8724 on: April 23, 2017, 10:16:39 am »
thursday - the revolution
1st time going to FSS, not thrilled, but taking the day off so i can hit joe's, bump n grind, roadhouse, negril, etc.

don't forget cd game exchange .. it is two doors down from FSS on the same block...

dyecraig

« Reply #8725 on: April 23, 2017, 11:11:02 am »
^ thx

Space Freely

« Reply #8726 on: April 23, 2017, 11:41:59 am »

well i will probably drag my sad body over there...

richard thompson is one of those guys I want to like more than I do.. I've lsitened to a ton of his music.. but for whatever reason I seem to like the people he collaborated with much more than I like him! I'd give a lot to see John Martyn , Sandy Denny or Nick Drake.. meanwhile Thompson keeps putting out albums everyone insists are amazing but they leave me bored.. although ocassionally I dig his stuff... I guess i respect him more than I am able to appreciate him but invariably I go back to his music and try again...

oh and he ain't going anywhere for a while..

Totally agree with you on Thompson. Seeing him once was enough for me. Though that song about the motorcycle is great. I saw his son at Jammin Java. Call me crazy but i like him better.

dyecraig

« Reply #8727 on: April 23, 2017, 12:03:41 pm »
^ once, yup.
motorcycle song, great.
we're good.

heff

« Reply #8728 on: April 24, 2017, 01:10:58 pm »
Juliana Hatfield - Tuesday
Bob Mould - Friday
Arto Lindsay - Saturday