Author Topic: The Like  (Read 2438 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
The Like
« on: September 19, 2005, 09:06:00 pm »
so, i'm broke AND too busy to get out of the house, but has anybody picked up their new album yet?  i've heard mixed reviews, and some people were pissed that it seems to be comprised mainly of stuff off of their other EP's re-recorded and stuff.  anybody have any input here?

Re: The Like
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
First time I heard THE LIKE I wondered if Ric Ocasek had seen the Strokes on TRL, decided the world needed a more exuberant brand of new wave pep, grabbed six of his children, threw instruments on them, and made them practice until their fingers were sore and Tito had to fetch a switch.--

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 11:43:00 am »
I saw them at CMJ and wasn't into them at all. Three wispy, waif-like young girls trying to be rock stars.

you be betty

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »
hahahaha
 yeah, they are definitely pretty-little LA scenesters.
 i actually hated it the first time i heard them, yet put some of their EP stuff on my ipod and it really grew on me...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 03:42:00 pm »
Aren't they opening for Kings of Leon?

you be betty

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
i mighta heard through the grapevine that they were doing a few shows with them; but i'm not positive.

that would kind of be a weird combination...KOL would probably impregnate them all before they had the chance to make it on stage

*chuckles*

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  i mighta heard through the grapevine that they were doing a few shows with them; but i'm not positive.

I'm almost certain they're listed as opening a KoL date I saw on some venue website.

EDIT: Yeah, catscradle.com.