Author Topic: KEXP top 90.3 albums of the year  (Read 5959 times)

Henry Dark

KEXP top 90.3 albums of the year
« on: January 03, 2003, 11:48:00 am »
...as voted by their listeners...<P>90.3<BR> The Yeah Yeah Yeahs<BR> Yeah Yeah Yeahs<BR> <BR>90<BR> Talib Kweli<BR> Quality<BR> <BR>89<BR> Amon Tobin<BR> Out From Out Where<BR> <BR>88<BR> Sparta<BR> Wiretap Scars<BR> <BR>87<BR> The Donnas<BR> Spend The Night<BR> <BR>86<BR> Tahiti 80<BR> Wallpaper For The Soul<BR> <BR>85<BR> Kosheen<BR> Resist<BR> <BR>84<BR> Damien Jurado & Gathered In Song<BR> I Break Chairs<BR> <BR>83<BR> Neil Finn<BR> One All<BR> <BR>82<BR> Ms. Led<BR> Afternoon In Central Park<BR> <BR>81<BR> Automaton<BR> Clarions and Banners<BR> <BR>80<BR> The Music<BR> The Music<BR> <BR>79<BR> Mudhoney<BR> Since We've Become Translucent<BR> <BR>78<BR> The Vines<BR> Highly Evolved<BR> <BR>77<BR> Brad<BR> Welcome To Discovery Park<BR> <BR>76<BR> Luna<BR> Romantica<BR> <BR>75<BR> Pete Krebs & The Gossamer Wings<BR> I Know It By Heart<BR> <BR>74<BR> Richard Buckner<BR> Impasse<BR> <BR>73<BR> Carissa's Wierd<BR> Songs About Leaving<BR> <BR>72<BR> Sondra Lerche<BR> Faces Down<BR> <BR>71<BR> Gomez<BR> In Our Gun<BR> <BR>70<BR> Pretty Girls Make Graves<BR> Good Health<BR> <BR>69<BR> Pris<BR> This Should Help Reduce The Swelling<BR> <BR>68<BR> Minus The Bear<BR> Highly Refined Pirates<BR> <BR>67<BR> Desaparecidos<BR> Read Music/Speak Spanish<BR> <BR>66<BR> Dear John Letters<BR> Unbroken<BR> <BR>65<BR> The Reindeer Section<BR> Son of Evil Reindeer<BR> <BR>64<BR> Paul Westerberg<BR> Stereo<BR> <BR>63<BR> Ryan Adams<BR> Demolition<BR> <BR>62<BR> Underworld<BR> A Hundred Days Off<BR> <BR>61<BR> Mr. Lif<BR> I Phantom<BR> <BR>60<BR> Steve Earle<BR> Jerusalem<BR> <BR>59<BR> Joseph Arthur<BR> Redemption's Son<BR> <BR>58<BR> Tom Waits<BR> Blood Money<BR> <BR>57<BR> Solomon Burke<BR> Don't Give Up On Me<BR> <BR>56<BR> The Soft Boys<BR> Nextdoorland<BR> <BR>55<BR> Mirah<BR> Advisory Committee<BR> <BR>54<BR> Flunk<BR> For Sleepyheads Only<BR> <BR>53<BR> Boards of Canada<BR> Geogaddi<BR> <BR>52<BR> Tom Waits<BR> Alice<BR> <BR>51<BR> Jets To Brazil<BR> Perfecting Loneliness<BR> <BR>50<BR> Hot Hot Heat<BR> Make Up The Breakdown<BR> <BR>49<BR> Pearl Jam<BR> Riot Act<BR> <BR>48<BR> RJD2<BR> Deadringer<BR> <BR>47<BR> Moby<BR> 18<BR> <BR>46<BR> Thievery Corporation<BR> The Richest Man In Babylon<BR> <BR>45<BR> Rosie Thomas<BR> When We Were Small<BR> <BR>44<BR> Hem<BR> Rabbit Songs<BR> <BR>43<BR> Low<BR> Trust<BR> <BR>42<BR> Aimee Mann<BR> Lost In Space<BR> <BR>41<BR> The Long Winters<BR> The Worst You Can Do Is Harm<BR> <BR>40<BR> Iron and Wine<BR> The Creek Drank The Cradle<BR> <BR>39<BR> Bobby Bare, Jr.<BR> Young Criminals' Starvation League<BR> <BR>38<BR> Guided By Voices<BR> Universal Truths and Cycles<BR> <BR>37<BR> The Roots<BR> Phrenology<BR> <BR>36<BR> Maktub<BR> Khronos<BR> <BR>35<BR> Badly Drawn Boy<BR> Have You Fed The Fish?<BR> <BR>34<BR> Hot Snakes<BR> Suicide Invoice<BR> <BR>33<BR> Queens of The Stone Age<BR> Songs For The Deaf<BR> <BR>32<BR> The Hives<BR> Veni Vidi Vicious<BR> <BR>31<BR> Johnny Cash<BR> American IV: The Man Comes Around<BR> <BR>30<BR> Beth Orton<BR> Daybreaker<BR> <BR>29<BR> Rhett Miller<BR> The Instigator<BR> <BR>28<BR> Elvis Costello<BR> When I Was Cruel<BR> <BR>27<BR> Mum<BR> Finally We Are No One<BR> <BR>26<BR> DJ Shadow<BR> The Private Press<BR> <BR>25<BR> Morcheeba<BR> Charango<BR> <BR>24<BR> Eels<BR> Souljacker<BR> <BR>23<BR> Clinic<BR> Walking With Thee<BR> <BR>22<BR> Doug Martsch<BR> Now You Know<BR> <BR>21<BR> Pedro The Lion<BR> Control<BR> <BR>20<BR> McClusky<BR> McClusky Do Dallas<BR> <BR>19<BR> Royksopp<BR> Melody A.M.<BR> <BR>18<BR> Blackalicious<BR> Blazing Arrow<BR> <BR>17<BR> Ugly Casanova<BR> Sharpen Your Teeth<BR> <BR>16<BR> Sonic Youth<BR> Murray Street<BR> <BR>15<BR> Norah Jones<BR> Come Away With Me<BR> <BR>14<BR> Bright Eyes<BR> Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground<BR> <BR>13<BR> The Streets<BR> Original Pirate Material<BR> <BR>12<BR> ...and you will know us by the trail of dead<BR> Source Tags and Codes<BR> <BR>11<BR> Doves<BR> The Last Broadcast<BR> <BR>10<BR> Spoon<BR> Kill The Moonlight<BR> <BR>9<BR> Sleater-Kinney<BR> One Beat<BR> <BR>8<BR> Neko Case<BR> Blacklisted<BR> <BR>7<BR> Jurassic 5<BR> Power In Numbers<BR> <BR>6<BR> Sigur Ros<BR> ( )<BR> <BR>5<BR> Coldplay<BR> A Rush of Blood To The Head<BR> <BR>4<BR> Beck<BR> Sea Change<BR> <BR>3<BR> Interpol<BR> Turn On The Bright Lights<BR> <BR>2<BR> The Flaming Lips<BR> Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots<BR> <BR>1<BR> Wilco<BR> Yankee Hotel Foxtrot<BR> <BR>

ggw

Re: KEXP top 90.3 albums of the year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 12:34:00 pm »
There's a lot of overlap with the Pitchfork list.

Henry Dark

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 12:43:00 pm »
Can't be too much overlap...I've actually heard most of these...

ggw

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 01:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>Can't be too much overlap...I've actually heard most of these...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nearly half the Pitchfork list appears on the KEXP list.

paige

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2003, 01:05:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>Can't be too much overlap...I've actually heard most of these...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah same here. the top albums do seem to overlap though. still, good list. i would have put Bright Eyes and Sigur Ros higher up on the list but thats  ok

Jaguär

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
No more overlap than with all the other lists...except for those exotic foreign lists.