Author Topic: what happened to the interpreters?  (Read 16413 times)

fuzzy boner

what happened to the interpreters?
« on: December 12, 2003, 01:21:00 pm »
i dug out the ol' "back in the ussa" the other day and was just wondering where they got to.  i know they had some legal issues with their name and failed miserably in their one big break at the 2000 republican national convention.

where are they now?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: what happened to the interpreters?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 02:51:00 pm »
seeing as i had fan website for the band and got to meet the them because of it (see music nerd test) you'd think i know something about their where abouts.  which i don't...

i know the bassist had a new band called Tourist which was suppose to release an EP that never came as far as i know.  the drummer had something going in philly.

a band which was deffo ahead of their time with their raved up mod punk garage sound...  if they had broke a couple years later they would be bigger than they were.  much better than say the d4, etc.
T.Rex

fuzzy boner

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 06:13:00 pm »
yeh, this is rough.  i can't find anything on tourist.  all i can come across are sites to buy "back in the ussa."  do you have any old setlists or anything?  i'm trying to figure out what they played when i saw them.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 06:35:00 pm »
i need to verify dates, but they played the metro cafe once, and twice at the Black Cat, once headlining and with Anne Summers.  I think that info is buried in my email archives...
T.Rex

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 08:28:00 pm »
The one time I saw The Interpreters the lead singer was running around the stage screaming something about Ben Franklin.  He got into a bit of a scuffle with one of the audience members.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 08:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  The one time I saw The Interpreters the lead singer was running around the stage screaming something about Ben Franklin.  He got into a bit of a scuffle with one of the audience members.
that would have been the show with anne summers... and the person he was scuffling with was also a black cat staff person, it was a most bizarre incident.
T.Rex