Author Topic: $4 Willcall fee???  (Read 8426 times)

Driveway

$4 Willcall fee???
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:46:00 am »
So I just bought my BK ticket for tonite.  The ticket is $20, and I paid a total of $28.75.  When did this $4 willcall fee start?  I almost think tickets.com is worse than ticketmaster now...  I guess I won't be supporting the bar tenders this evening, or even the club for that matter.

helicon1

Re: $4 Willcall fee???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:02:00 am »
Originally posted by DriveWay:
   I guess I won't be supporting the bar tenders this evening, or even the club for that matter.
Your statement confuses me. You shouldn't be going to the show out of principal if you don't plan on supporting the club. Please explain.

Driveway

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
by the club I mean the bars and stuff like that.  I'm a music lover so I guess I'll cave whenever someone I really want to see comes to town.  I don't understand the $4 dollar willcall fee though.  That's crazy.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:14:00 am »
Don't sweat it. The 9:30 Club pays the person at the will call window $100 per hour, so your fee is simply going to their paycheck.

Shadrach

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 01:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by DriveWay:
  So I just bought my BK ticket for tonite.  The ticket is $20, and I paid a total of $28.75.  When did this $4 willcall fee start?  I almost think tickets.com is worse than ticketmaster now...  I guess I won't be supporting the bar tenders this evening, or even the club for that matter.
Well you could have saved all your additional fees if you would have just waited and paid at the door, but you paid for the "convenience" of having your tickets printed and waiting for you at will-call. How does this in any way have anything to do with the bartenders? Take whatever you do for a living and ask yourself how you would feel if people were "unsupportive" to you based on something that had absolutely nothing to do with you. That's just a spiteful, nasty thing to say/do with no legit reson.

edbert

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 01:14:00 pm »
You're lucky you didn't have to pay the $2/ticket "floor use fee"

km

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 01:36:00 pm »
can anyone tell me what the most economical way to get a ticket is?  cash at the window?  I can kinda sorta understand the will call convenience fee, but have been flabbergasted when I've credit carded a ticket AT THE CLUB and still get some kind of just-be-thankful-we-let-you-live-to-see-another-day charge.

xcanuck

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 01:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by km:
  can anyone tell me what the most economical way to get a ticket is?  cash at the window?  I can kinda sorta understand the will call convenience fee, but have been flabbergasted when I've credit carded a ticket AT THE CLUB and still get some kind of just-be-thankful-we-let-you-live-to-see-another-day charge.
Buying tix at the club is definitely the most economical way to go, if not the most convenient.

When paying by credit card at the club, I've only ever had to pay a $1 s/c. That sounds more than fair enough.

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »
Some places charge nothing. Is that more than more than fair enough?

If you went to Giant and paid for your groceries would you be ok with them tacking on a $1 service fee?

Originally posted by xcanuck:

Originally posted by km:
Buying tix at the club is definitely the most economical way to go, if not the most convenient.

When paying by credit card at the club, I've only ever had to pay a $1 s/c. That sounds more than fair enough. [/b]

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 02:56:00 pm »
Is there a service charge if you buy tickets at the door the night of the show?  Or is it just if you buy them for a show in advance?

xcanuck

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:

If you went to Giant and paid for your groceries would you be ok with them tacking on a $1 service fee?

You ARE an argumentative little $#$!!@#, aren't you?  :)

You pay a $1 s/c to purchase tix in advance. You don't pay any s/c if you buy the tickets the day of the show. I assume that the $1 s/c is because, before the day of the show, they are tied into the tickets.com system and probably have to pay tickets.com some fee.

To go with your analogy, I would not want to go to Giant and pay a $1 s/c for my groceries that I bought right then and there. However, I would be happy to pay a s/c for some  kind of service, such as pre-ordering my groceries.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a $1 service charge if you buy them at the window prior to the show? I don't think I've done this, but i for some reason i thought it was true.

Originally posted by xcanuck:

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:

You ARE an argumentative little $#$!!@#, aren't you?   :)  

You pay a $1 s/c to purchase tix in advance. You don't pay any s/c if you buy the tickets the day of the show. I assume that the $1 s/c is because, before the day of the show, they are tied into the tickets.com system and probably have to pay tickets.com some fee.

To go with your analogy, I would not want to go to Giant and pay a $1 s/c for my groceries that I bought right then and there. However, I would be happy to pay a s/c for some  kind of service, such as pre-ordering my groceries. [/b]

kcjones119

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 03:11:00 pm »
You're wrong, consider yourself corrected.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
The service charge is there in part because the club  has to pay someone to man the boxoffice when it's not open for shows.    Notice that tickets are only available when the Black Cat is open.  Iota, Velvet Lounge, DC9 do not sell advanced tickets.  The Birchmere charges a surcharge even the day of the show.
T.Rex

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 03:39:00 pm »
Just as I said, when you are paying the person at the box office $100/hour, you need to have a hefty per ticket service charge.

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  The service charge is there in part because the club  has to pay someone to man the boxoffice when it's not open for shows.    Notice that tickets are only available when the Black Cat is open.  Iota, Velvet Lounge, DC9 do not sell advanced tickets.  The Birchmere charges a surcharge even the day of the show.