Author Topic: $4 Willcall fee???  (Read 8428 times)

Shadrach

Re: $4 Willcall fee???
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 04:13:00 pm »
Not that this hasn't been covered a thousand times, but here's the deal:

Purchasing tickets from Tickets.com, either online or over the telephone requires a service charge and handling fee. These charges are the same whether you have the tickets shipped or set them up for will-call.

When purchasing tickets in advance from the 9:30 box office there is a $1.00 per ticket service charge.

When purchasing tickets from the 9:30 box office the night of the show there is no service.

Hope that makes it all clear.

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »
So why does the Birchmere charge $3.50 service charge at the door, even on nights of show? Is it the good food?

Originally posted by Shadrach:
  Not that this hasn't been covered a thousand times, but here's the deal:

Purchasing tickets from Tickets.com, either online or over the telephone requires a service charge and handling fee. These charges are the same whether you have the tickets shipped or set them up for will-call.

When purchasing tickets in advance from the 9:30 box office there is a $1.00 per ticket service charge.

When purchasing tickets from the 9:30 box office the night of the show there is no service.

Hope that makes it all clear.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 04:33:00 pm »
It's food surcharge  :)

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
 [QB] So why does the Birchmere charge $3.50 service charge at the door, even on nights of show? Is it the good food?
(_|_)

Driveway

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 04:44:00 pm »
Man, I need to get a job at the 9:30 Box office.  $100 an hour sure beats the hell out of working in radio continuity!

eltee

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 04:49:00 pm »
I just wish the will call fee for parking could be negotiated or done away with. Parking plus $2 service fee, plus a $4 will call fee. Unless you are actually planning to pick up the parking ticket at the will call window and park; or pick up for a future show, it's a fee that should be waived.

bikerchickdc

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
  I just wish the will call fee for parking could be negotiated or done away with. Parking plus $2 service fee, plus a $4 will call fee. Unless you are actually planning to pick up the parking ticket at the will call window and park; or pick up for a future show, it's a fee that should be waived.
If I understand it correctly, the 930 itself has little if anything to do with the fees. It's tickets.com assessing the fees. So while it's all fine and good to complain here, you really should be directing your complaints to tickets.com. Complaining to the 930 is kind of a moot point--- they don't set the fees, they don't get the money. They do subscribe to the service but there's so few companies doing this kind of business; who to switch to?

I don't know who's worse, ticketmaster or tickets.com; in fact, the only reasonably priced ticket service I've done business with recently is ticketweb.com (total $3 per ticket with no additional order charge). The drawback to them is it's online ordering only (no walk-ups) and will-call only; no mailed tickets. I shudder to think about a sold-out show with every single person going to will-call.

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 06:06:00 pm »
The 9:30 doesn't get some sort of a cut of the tickets.com fees? I find that hard to believe.

eltee

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 01:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by bikerchickdc:

Complaining to the 930 is kind of a moot point--- they don't set the fees, they don't get the money. They do subscribe to the service  [/b]
I understand what you are getting at and many are becoming annoyed with this topic. However, as you mention, 9:30 uses the tickets.com service, the club is where I'm headed, thus it's not a moot point to voice my concern or complaint here. Maybe I won't get anywhere complaining about fees for show tickets, because as you say, who to change to?
 I was just suggesting that the fees for parking be negotiated or done away with since there is already a processing fee of a little over $3, why a will call fee of $4?

Shadrach

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 01:36:00 pm »
There is no service charge at all when buying advanced parking tickets form the box office.