Author Topic: Audioslave  (Read 18318 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

  • Member
  • Posts: 3745
    • my blog
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
I also like the use of the words "I guess," which substantially weaken this otherwise compelling political statement.
 
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by ggw?:
  I hereby nominate this guy/girl for the First Annual Whiniest Bitch Award.
 
   
Quote
Originally posted by usxinfinity:
 I guess I will stop going to the shows.
[/b]
_\|/_

LostSoul

  • Guest
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
Isn't this a justifiable punishment for liking Audioslave?

mekmad

  • Member
  • Posts: 228
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 02:49:00 pm »
There was a link to the presale at DC101.com as well, I bet that lessoned everyone's chances a bit..

tenfifteen

  • Member
  • Posts: 134
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »
A fitting punishment indeed. One of my all-time fave PF reviews.
 
 http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/audioslave/audioslave.shtml
 
 "Us Generation X'ers never gave the world shit. We don't care about anything. We don't even care about ourselves. We blew through our dotcom cash and we're still stuck with our student loans. Our biggest political moment was turning Ralph Nader into a presidential spoiler. And now, justice comes swiftly knocking. It is time to face that which we fear the most: the second coming of Lollapalooza's grunge-rock all-stars."

hitman

  • Member
  • Posts: 632
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by mekmad:
  There was a link to the presale at DC101.com as well, I bet that lessoned everyone's chances a bit..
The DC101 presale was originally intended for member of their Loyal Listeners forum on their site.  Then some asshole DJ announced the password (that only Loyal Listeners should have known) over the air Tuesday night.
 
 I like everyone else didn't get tix.  Same problems occurred.  Kept putting in for two tix and they would say either decrease number request or some other problem.  Yes it was aggravating, especially because I don't think any numbers you have to enter (tickets.com) or weird vocabulary (ticketbastard) actually hinder scalpers.  I don't see how they can.  But I will try tomorrow on-line.  If anyone is actually going by the club to try, let me know, and maybe you can pick two up for me.  :D

LostSoul

  • Guest
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by tenfifteen:
  A fitting punishment indeed. One of my all-time fave PF reviews.
 
  http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/audioslave/audioslave.shtml
 
 "Us Generation X'ers never gave the world shit. We don't care about anything. We don't even care about ourselves. We blew through our dotcom cash and we're still stuck with our student loans. Our biggest political moment was turning Ralph Nader into a presidential spoiler. And now, justice comes swiftly knocking. It is time to face that which we fear the most: the second coming of Lollapalooza's grunge-rock all-stars."
HA! Love it!  I forgot about that -- I was too busy buying all the Audioslave tickets and burning them...

HoyaSaxa03

  • Member
  • Posts: 7033
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by hitman:
   
Quote
Originally posted by mekmad:
  There was a link to the presale at DC101.com as well, I bet that lessoned everyone's chances a bit..
The DC101 presale was originally intended for member of their Loyal Listeners forum on their site.  Then some asshole DJ announced the password (that only Loyal Listeners should have known) over the air Tuesday night.[/b]
how do you become a Loyal Listener? pledge allegiance to buying CDs and tickets of whatever band they tell you is good?
(o|o)

ZwanzofNever

  • Member
  • Posts: 26
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 03:45:00 pm »
Personally,  think it's lame to hate a band just because they are 'mainstream' - good music is good music...regardless if they are making the big $$$. If this were Soundgarden before they got big, none of you would be hating.

urthman

  • Member
  • Posts: 3
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 03:47:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by mekmad:
  There was a link to the presale at DC101.com as well, I bet that lessoned everyone's chances a bit..
It wouldn't have made a difference.  Those that went through the DC101 site had a longer route to cover.  The tickets were gone before they had a chance.
 
 Tickets.com does indeed suck.  I'm sure they'll have quite a few available in their "Premier Ticket Window" for over $100 like all the other dates on the tour.

LostSoul

  • Guest
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ZwanzofNever:
  good music is good music...
I agree, except when Audioslave is being classified as good music.  Then, good music is shite...

HoyaSaxa03

  • Member
  • Posts: 7033
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2005, 03:54:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ZwanzofNever:
  Personally,  think it's lame to hate a band just because they are 'mainstream' - good music is good music...regardless if they are making the big $$$. If this were Soundgarden before they got big, none of you would be hating.
oh shit.
 
 shit man.
 
 you're right.
 
 i've just never heard anyone say that before ... you know, it isn't cool to hate a band because they're mainstream.
 
 i'm going to have to change my whole worldview.
 
 thanks for opening my eyes.
 
 ps: i've never liked soundgarden, but there are plenty of "mainstream" bands that i like and plenty of "underground" bands that i hate.
(o|o)

Bags

  • Member
  • Posts: 8513
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2005, 04:05:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ggw?:
  I hereby nominate this guy/girl for the First Annual Whiniest Bitch Award.
 
   
Quote
Originally posted by usxinfinity:
 I guess I will stop going to the shows.
[/b]
HAAAAAaaaa, that is one helluva response.  I second the nomination!

ZwanzofNever

  • Member
  • Posts: 26
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2005, 06:21:00 pm »
wasn't trying to change anybody's worldview, just pointing out how the holier-than-thou attitudes are lame. Everyone has their taste in music, better to respect it than spread all the negativity

Jaguär

  • Guest
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2005, 06:32:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
   
Quote
Originally posted by ZwanzofNever:
  Personally,  think it's lame to hate a band just because they are 'mainstream' - good music is good music...regardless if they are making the big $$$. If this were Soundgarden before they got big, none of you would be hating.
ps: i've never liked soundgarden, but there are plenty of "mainstream" bands that i like and plenty of "underground" bands that i hate. [/b]
I was going to post something along these lines but then read your post so I'll just agree with you.    ;)

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 18000
Re: Audioslave
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005, 06:33:00 pm »
Does anybody have the password?  I'd love to try to get tickets.  When do they go on sale?
27>34