Author Topic: Sunday @ Blue Room  (Read 1359 times)

Bags

Sunday @ Blue Room
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:07:00 am »
Hey all, it's Atmosphere at Blue Room Sunday:

ATMOSPHERE  
 Sunday 18 April 2004 @ 8 p.m.:  

Post-Punk: U.K. Indie: Dreampop  
 Lloyd Cole CD Giveaway!  
 Courtesy of One Little Indian Records
 Guest DJ wRonG!  

They need folks to come out to keep their attendance up so they can hold on to the night.  I'm gonna stop by from about 8:30 - 10...help support good dj nights!  It's a nice, loungy atmosphere -- have a beer, chat with friends with great music all around you...It's free!

Medusa

Re: Sunday @ Blue Room
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 11:52:00 am »
I think we need to enlist you in our street team, Bags!  :)

Thanks for posting - I was going to post our announcement later today, but you beat me to it!

See you (and hopefully others from this board) soon!

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

Medusa

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 11:39:00 am »
It's up!  (Take that how you will).

The setlist is here!

http://www.medusapromotions.com/atmosphereapr18.htm

Thanks to those who were there - YKWYA! (I feel like I am leaving a message in a yearbook).  :)

P.S.  Hope everyone enjoyed the Lloyd Cole tracks.  I went (a bit) overboard at the end, but ... when else would I get the chance?!  ;)

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
Originally posted by Medusa:
 Hope everyone enjoyed the Lloyd Cole tracks.  I went (a bit) overboard at the end, but ... when else would I get the chance?!   ;)  

Hopefully often!  

Very cool sets -- wish I could've stayed longer.  Definitely looking forward to Dazzle next week!  I'll be exhausted from a NYC/GBV trip, but what a way to wind down -- Siouxsie, Siouxsie, Siouxsie....

brennser

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
P.S. Hope everyone enjoyed the Lloyd Cole tracks. I went (a bit) overboard at the end, but ... when else would I get the chance?!
wow, thats a lot of Lloyd Cole - Tried to Rock is a great song

you seeing him on May 6 at the Birchmere?

gonna make it to any of the Commotions reunion shows in Oct?

Bags

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 12:00:00 pm »
I really liked this song -- I've never heard of the band (I made a note to look up the song before "My Kingdom"...)

Chappaquidick Skyline: Leave Me Alone

ratioci nation

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I really liked this song -- I've never heard of the band (I made a note to look up the song before "My Kingdom"...)

are you joking?

we talked about it at the pernice brothers, it is Joe Pernice covering New Order

Medusa

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 12:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
 wow, thats a lot of Lloyd Cole - Tried to Rock is a great song

you seeing him on May 6 at the Birchmere?

gonna make it to any of the Commotions reunion shows in Oct?
We had a Lloyd Cole giveaway last night, hence the focus on Lloyd and playing a lot of those songs.    :)  

Yes, I will be at The Birchmere (don't really like that venue though) - I am very excited!  Sadly, I won't get over to the U.K. for those Commotions gigs, though I was tempted to see the one in Glasgow, simply because I've never been to that city.    ;)  

Bags wrote: > Chappaquidick Skyline: Leave Me Alone

Our guest DJ played that one - I don't have that song/any of their material - I've heard that cover before though but have to admit I don't like it as much as the original.    ;)  

See you at DAZZLE!

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

Bags

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

are you joking?

we talked about it at the pernice brothers, it is Joe Pernice covering New Order [/b]
Nope, I'm not joking...I wasn't in the Pernice show discussion y'all had over it.  Good song...and shows how my pop sensibilities stay pretty consistent!   ;)

brennser

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 12:37:00 pm »
We had a Lloyd Cole giveaway last night, hence the focus on Lloyd and playing a lot of those songs.
what was the giveaway - copies of the new album(s)? or the box set (probably not)

do you have a contact at One Little Indian?

Bags

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
And were the giveaways given away last night?    :D

Medusa

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »
  And were the giveaways given away last night?      :)  

The giveaways include a copy of "Music In A Foreign Language," and then a few copies of a 12-track CD sampler which include songs from "Music In A Foreign Language," "Etc." and "Plastic Wood."

Brennser, why weren't you there last night?  We could have met and talked about all of this in person!  ;)

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

brennser

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 05:13:00 pm »
Brennser, why weren't you there last night? We could have met and talked about all of this in person!  
If I had realized it was a Lloyd Cole fest I would have made every effort to go, although Sunday nights are difficult for me....