Author Topic: $6 Yuengling?  (Read 34621 times)

thatguy

  • Global Moderator
  • Member
  • Posts: 1268
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2005, 01:36:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  of course it could also cause people to show up to the show even more drunk,or baked as the case maybe, because they did it on the cheap(er) elsewhere...
just fair warning to anyone considering this:  if someone shows up obviously intoxicated or under the influence, they may be forced to wait outside until they sober up some, or possibly denied entry entirely.  it's obviously a judgement call, but don't push your luck.

kosmo vinyl

  • Administrator
  • Member
  • Posts: 10837
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2005, 01:44:00 pm »
i suspected this might be the case....
T.Rex

MindCage

  • Member
  • Posts: 1274
    • Mindless Faith
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by thatguy:
   
Quote
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  of course it could also cause people to show up to the show even more drunk,or baked as the case maybe, because they did it on the cheap(er) elsewhere...
just fair warning to anyone considering this:  if someone shows up obviously intoxicated or under the influence, they may be forced to wait outside until they sober up some, or possibly denied entry entirely.  it's obviously a judgement call, but don't push your luck. [/b]
What if said individual was intoxicated while getting their photo taken for their license? They could argue that's the way they always look with the half-massed eyes or blank glassy eyed stare?
 
 Clearly with the judgement call I really doubt someone that's all baked is going to be denied entry. What could they possibly do? I don't recall the last time someone causing problems say violently was in the press for doing so "while being high" on weed. It's always the booze!
 
 MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

godsshoeshine

  • Member
  • Posts: 4826
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by thatguy:
   
Quote
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  of course it could also cause people to show up to the show even more drunk,or baked as the case maybe, because they did it on the cheap(er) elsewhere...
just fair warning to anyone considering this:  if someone shows up obviously intoxicated or under the influence, they may be forced to wait outside until they sober up some, or possibly denied entry entirely.  it's obviously a judgement call, but don't push your luck. [/b]
and don't walk up to the club with an open container. they hate that
o/\o

xneverwherex

  • Member
  • Posts: 2107
    • Pics and more pics
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2005, 05:03:00 pm »
i just noticed on my english beat ticket at the Recher, that it says younger than 21 $3 extra. something like that. interesting idea.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

  • Guest
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2005, 08:27:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  i just noticed on my english beat ticket at the Recher, that it says younger than 21 $3 extra. something like that. interesting idea.
does anyone under 21 even know who the English Beat are?????

Arlette

  • Guest
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2005, 02:52:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by MindCage:
   
Quote
Originally posted by thatguy:
   
Quote
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  of course it could also cause people to show up to the show even more drunk,or baked as the case maybe, because they did it on the cheap(er) elsewhere...
just fair warning to anyone considering this:  if someone shows up obviously intoxicated or under the influence, they may be forced to wait outside until they sober up some, or possibly denied entry entirely.  it's obviously a judgement call, but don't push your luck. [/b]
What if said individual was intoxicated while getting their photo taken for their license? They could argue that's the way they always look with the half-massed eyes or blank glassy eyed stare?
 
 Clearly with the judgement call I really doubt someone that's all baked is going to be denied entry. What could they possibly do? I don't recall the last time someone causing problems say violently was in the press for doing so "while being high" on weed. It's always the booze!
 
 MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions [/b]
Sort of yes an sort of no. When you work in a club,  after a time it's not judgment, it's not subjective, it becomes skill. It 's  very easy to gauge who is overly intoxicated and who is not. You see enough people to know who can enter and behave appropriately and those who you have to deny entry  because they have the capability to danger your business.

thatguy

  • Global Moderator
  • Member
  • Posts: 1268
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2005, 03:50:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Arlette:
  Sort of yes an sort of no. When you work in a club,  after a time it's not judgment, it's not subjective, it becomes skill.
actually, we've been training certain members of the staph in the jedi arts.  it's been very useful so far.

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 17827
Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by thatguy:
  actually, we've been training certain members of the staph in the jedi arts.  it's been very useful so far.
You did not approve this through the Jedi Council.  
 
 Report to the temple immediately.
27>34