Author Topic: $6 Yuengling?  (Read 51822 times)

redsock

Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2005, 02:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:

Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  The Black Cat bartenders tend to give me discounted or free drinks all the time though.
One Black Cat bartender in particular tends to give me really strong mixed drinks in pint glasses     :eek:  [/b]
I made friends with a certiain black cat bartender quite some time ago, and even though he doesn't remember my name, no matter how much i drink he always says my tab is $2. And I can often drink for free or real cheap at DC9. So, I simply don't drink at 930 anymore. Maybe a coke. Does kinda suck.

muschi

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
solution: pop pills! no trips to the bathroom!
 or, bring little airline bottles of liquor and buy sodas @$1.50. they even have those drink bag u wear on yer back when biking. make a buddy be the drink carrier for the night.

at big concerts getting beer sucks, long lines at bathroom between bands and $6/beer. pfff

the prices for drinks is ridiculous. i think in large part bc dc is getting very gentrified and pricey an all estabs know there's more money to be made.

i definitely drink with my limit being based on money.  so when out i buy the "shit" no not the good shit like blak cat calls it. if i say bud or PBR im guaranteed to get the cheapest, so i ask for it not bc i likek it. i can have the good stuff at home, like stella.

god, u cant even hear a good gunshot in the distance anymore unless u r well east of 9th st. whats this city coming to?!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2005, 02:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jonas Grumby:
  My last can of Boddies in the club $7.00
 My last FOUR PACK purchased at Total Beverage-
 Between $6.00-7.00........I'll just get pissed in the parking lot from now on,thanks....
come on now, you can't compare prices in a club to takeaways
(o|o)

muschi

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
pop pills! no trips to the bathroom!    :eek:   seriously, i hav done this

or, bring little airline bottles of liquor and buy sodas @$1.50.

they even have those drink bags u wear on yer back when biking. make a buddy be the drink carrier for the night.

at big concerts getting beer sucks, long lines at bathroom between bands and $6[?]/beer. pfff

the prices for drinks is ridiculous. i think in large part bc dc is getting very gentrified and pricey an all estabs know there's more money to be made. god, u cant even hear a good gunshot in the distance anymore unless u r well east of 9th st. whats this city coming to?!

i definitely drink with my limit being based on money.  so when out i buy the "shit" no not the good shit like blak cat calls it. if i say bud or PBR im guaranteed to get the cheapest, so i ask for it not bc i likek it. i can have the good stuff at home, like stella.

vansmack

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  since Seth, etc check in on this board an explanation maybe on offer for the price changes... but it probably wont make anyone happier
Seth said his Mrs. needed a new car a couple months ago.  Thank you all of you who bought beer in the past week.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
 I made friends with a certiain black cat bartender quite some time ago, and even though he doesn't remember my name, no matter how much i drink he always says my tab is $2.  
did you give him a "redsock"?

he woulda remembered your name then!!!

Bags

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2005, 02:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  without stating the obvious...

a couple solutions to consider, wait for the next 9:30 club gift card promotion,  which in the past has given more bang for one's buck with free bonus cards with purchase.  the gift cards can be used to buy tickets or beverages

secondly  doesn't the club have "happy hour pricing" in the backbar after a show... shadrach or thatguy will know

if the cost of drinks in the club is such concern one can always drive to see a band play in another city where the drinks are cheaper,  but i'm thinking in the end you end up spending a lot of money trying to save a few bucks on a couple of drinks.
Kosmo, you're my 9:30 Club guru, but I have some points...

Good idea on the gift card, but that's only been happening once a year (Valentine's Day) -- I got a $500 card, and it was gone in two transactions.  Oy.  (I'm not cryin', I bought a lot of tickets for me and my friends...).

A for the Back Bar happy hour, during the week, after the show I'm outta there.  And on the weekend, it's quite late and I'll probably head somewhere else, but something to think about.  However, point is, I want some drinks before and during the band specifically.  If it's just plain old drinking I want to do, there are a bunch of places to go.

I'm not ready to boycott the club, gods know, but there will be a mini bags boycott of beer.

Have mixed drinks gone up in price as well?

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Originally posted by Jonas Grumby:
  My last can of Boddies in the club $7.00
 My last FOUR PACK purchased at Total Beverage-
 Between $6.00-7.00........I'll just get pissed in the parking lot from now on,thanks....
come on now, you can't compare prices in a club to takeaways [/b]
I just think that is one helluva markup! And the price I gave is the retail price I paid, which is higher than the wholesale price that the bar pays! Do the math......I don't begrudge anyone a healthy profit,I used to run a restaurant/bar in Manhatten.....but,damn!.......

Bags

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2005, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  I made friends with a certiain black cat bartender quite some time ago, and even though he doesn't remember my name, no matter how much i drink he always says my tab is $2. And I can often drink for free or real cheap at DC9. So, I simply don't drink at 930 anymore. Maybe a coke. Does kinda suck.
I'm doing something wrong, very wrong.  I never get free drinks or 'discounts' on my tab anywhere.  Woe is me.   :(

edbert

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »
What are y'all gonna tip now?  I got charged $6 last week for each bottle and couldn't figure out what to tip: %15 of 6 is another $1; but the barkeep is just popping a bottle cap no differently than if it were a reasonable $3.  $1 tip for a guy to pop a cap seems extravagant. So I defiantly only left .50 a beer as usual

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2005, 02:26:00 pm »
You cheap bastard. That's how they make their livelihood.

Originally posted by edbert:
  What are y'all gonna tip now?  I got charged $6 last week for each bottle and couldn't figure out what to tip: %15 of 6 is another $1; but the barkeep is just popping a bottle cap no differently than if it were a reasonable $3.  $1 tip for a guy to pop a cap seems extravagant. So I defiantly only left .50 a beer as usual

muschi

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2005, 02:26:00 pm »
its not bartenders fault the prices r hi, so dont screw him/her. like breakfast wait staff who if got tipped on cost of food wouldnt make sh*t...i tip a fixed amount per effort made, not price. its silly to tip solely and always on price, price varies but effort is a constant.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2005, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by edbert:
  What are y'all gonna tip now?
i rarely pay cash, i just get my tab and tip %20
(o|o)

Guiny

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
I still do one buck a bottle. Not that anybody cares.

Bags

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
Changing the tip is not the way to protest -- dont' forget, waitstaff and bartenders make BELOW minimum wage based on an assumption they're being tipped.  And bartenders at a place like 9:30 likely have to deal with a lot of jerks, I can only imagine.

Okay, so you can't figure out how much more the additional $1 pricetag would warrant, but why would you lessen your tip instead?  Keep it at $1/beer and that should be fine (I would think -- anyone think differently?).