Author Topic: $6 Yuengling?  (Read 51537 times)

squidpants

$6 Yuengling?
« on: September 29, 2005, 10:53:00 am »
I don't know if this has been covered before, but I hadn't been to the 930 club in a few months - $6 for a smallish cup of Yuengling is ridiculous.  I can understand it for Old Rasputin or Raison D'Etre (or maybe they're more, still understand that), and even for Wolavers, but not Yuengling, and especially not in the small cup. Even $6 fot a bottle of Y is crazy. Is the club losing money or something? I can think of no other reason for it.

Frank Gallagher

Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 10:59:00 am »
Ah yes....good old Yuengling. The beer that claims to be DC's only local beer, yet brewed in PA and has a name like it should only be available in a chinese restaurant.

Not a bad beer, but does make one's rudies rather smelly....not unlike good old smelly bottom, aka foggy bottom, or is it the same stuff branded differently?

...and don't even get me started on the price of beer in the club! Try a can of Boddies!

Bags

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 11:05:00 am »
I hear ya.  I think prices just went up recently -- a bottle of Heineken is $6, and that is too much (don't ask me why, I can live with $5, which is still $6 after all....)

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 11:07:00 am »
Energy crisis?

Inflation?

Kinda makes one nostalgic...for Nixon.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 11:08:00 am »
I'm saving for one. Perhaps in 2007...

Funny sight is Celeste and I drinking a four pack of Boddington's at a NASCAR race each year....one time C was eating a sandwich with avocado is it at a NASCAR race, and this redneck leans back and asks, "What's that green stuff in your sandwich?" When C tells him, he says to his friend, "See, I told you so."

Sorry, I digress.

Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

...and don't even get me started on the price of beer in the club! Try a can of Boddies!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 11:11:00 am »
The thought of Celeste and yourself at a NASCAR event drinking Boddies almost brought a tear to my eye.....but not in a weird way.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 11:13:00 am »
why not get loaded in the parking lot like i do... oh wait nevermind...
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 11:17:00 am »
I was thinking about this at the White Stripes show at Merriweather...since i had been to Oriole Park, 930 and Merriweather all this past week, i thought i would compare

930: $6 for a 12oz beer

Oriole Park: $5 for a 16oz cup, $6 for a 24oz cup of beer

Merriweather: $7 for a 24oz beer

930 is more expensive than the baseball game???

now, i see that prices are different depending on which KIND of beer you choose, for instance, at 24oz Corona at MPP is $10, but some of us dont always care what kind of beer they drink all the time.

is there a beer that is like $4 at the club? or is everything just $6 across the board?
   its really one of the reasons i dont go very much, perhaps I am just not ordering the right drink  :)

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 11:19:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  why not get loaded in the parking lot like i do... oh wait nevermind...
yeah, that beer bong came in real handy at the mall parking lot, kosmo...thanks!!!!

squidpants

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 11:20:00 am »
I asked what was cheaper, and it was only Bud, Bud Light, and Miller, or one of those other big breweries.

amnesiac

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 11:21:00 am »
Yeah, I noticed the price increase at the Sufjan show. Not a big fan...

Stellas are now $6. I think domestics like Miller and Bud used to be $4. Not sure how much they are now.

Merriweather's got a good deal - 24oz Stella for $8   :D

Bags

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 11:23:00 am »
Originally posted by squidpants:
  I asked what was cheaper, and it was only Bud, Bud Light, and Miller, or one of those other big breweries.
How much?

It's interesting -- that price jump has actually caused a demand response on my end.  I'll drink less at the club.  During the week I usually have a couple beers just because I'm there and it's a club, now I'll have one or zero.  And weekends -- more drinking at DC9!

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:

It's interesting -- that price jump has actually caused a demand response on my end.  I'll drink less at the club.  During the week I usually have a couple beers just because I'm there and it's a club, now I'll have one or zero.  And weekends -- more drinking at DC9!
yeah, at OLP i bought 3 beers for me and my two friends, and spent $60!!!  I spent $63 on the 3 tickets to get in!  :)

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 11:25:00 am »
Wow, what a deal!!!

I had a pitcher of Guinness in a yuppie part of Seattle for $9.

DC sucks ass.

Originally posted by amnesiac:
  used to be $4. Not sure how much they are now.

Merriweather's got a good deal - 24oz Stella for $8    :D  

squidpants

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 11:27:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
 How much?
I think it was 5, maybe 4? whatever it was, it wasn't worth it.