> GENERAL DISCUSSION

The worst thing on Radio

(1/7) > >>

vansmack:
Just when you thought commercial radio couldn't get any worse with labels pushing angst rock and hard-core emo, even bowing to radio edits of good songs, Live 105 here in SF now has a new brilliant idea:

The ADD Hour.

For your drive home you get an entire hour of 90 second snipets and edits of songs.  No Joke.  It's not limited to songs 90 seconds and under, you only get to hear 90 seconds of a song, regardless of how long the song really is!

Oddly, a few months ago they started making fun of themselves for playing too much Linkin Park and not enough Shins.  Maybe they were kidding.

So I heard "Run" by Snow Patrol, "All Because of You" by U2, "Boulevard..." by Green Day and "caring is Creepy" by the Shins before I had to turn it off becuase the 90 second edits were mostly lyric driven and ruined every song.  

What will they do next?

markie:
The U2 hour.

sonickteam2:
an hour of dead air!

or would that be better?

do the artists approve of such song snippets? i cant believe they would?

do people really only have a 90 second attn span?

bbbsmith:
All I can say is XM XM XM...it is solid and will satisfy every tyoe of radio listener.  I bought the unit for Opie and Anthony (much more funny that Howard...Don and Mike or any other "shock" jock) and have been impressed with the content.  Not alot of commercials (some channels have commercials...others do not).  And they play the FULL song.

Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
An hour of future lawyers discussing their LSAT scores.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version