Author Topic: Chevelle  (Read 18618 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Chevelle
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 05:28:00 pm »
isnt Suki a "he"?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 10:17:00 pm »
maybe the title of junior member should be changed to "freshmeat" or "gladiator"
T.Rex

hitman

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2005, 03:04:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  maybe the title of junior member should be changed to "freshmeat" or "gladiator"
or "probie" or "virgin"

actually, chevelle will be also be playing in Baltimore at sonar on 3/8 as well.  seems to be something up and coming, to play baltimore and dc, seems to be happening more and more recently, either between 930 and sonar, or 930 and new ram's head. seems like sonar may be pulling the bigger name acts though...

distance

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2005, 04:11:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  isnt Suki a "he"?
nope.

Bartelby

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2005, 09:29:00 pm »
Thanks for noticing.    ;)

JaJa

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 09:53:00 am »
Just curious.  Why do so many people have a problem with the band "Chevelle".  They have great songs out like Red and Send the Pain Below, but all I ever hear is how badly they suck, even though they reached platinum with their second album.  Give me your views.

Random Citizen

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
Originally posted by jaja:
  Just curious.  Why do so many people have a problem with the band "Chevelle".  They have great songs out like Red and Send the Pain Below, but all I ever hear is how badly they suck, even though they reached platinum with their second album.  Give me your views.
I don't have a problem with them per se...just not my type of music. I'm now outside of their demographicâ??the "I hate the world, my bf/gf just dumped me and my parents suck!" folks. As I mentioned upthread, I saw them perform live a few years back and it just didn't do anything for me. Their sound is derivative of too many other bands without adding something to call their own to the songs.

JaJa

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 01:30:00 pm »
Not just from you.  I get the impression that Chevelle isn't a well liked band at all, which was a little surprising to me.  I admit that some of their music is quite annoying, but three songs are awesome at the same time.  I think they'll be at the 930 club sometime in March or April.  Do you think a lot of people will show up to hear them play, or do you think it'll be a waste of time to even go?