Author Topic: The 2009 Albums Thread  (Read 193870 times)

Relaxer

Re: The 2009 Albums Thread
« Reply #390 on: November 11, 2009, 01:28:00 pm »
the plastic ono band.  sean, cornelius and yuka honda

All excellent and worthy substitutes to John Lennon
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #391 on: November 11, 2009, 01:40:07 pm »

As soon as I finish this and other sandwiches, I gotta back to work on "Strawberry Fields Forever 2: Living Is Easy with Eyes Closed (For Me Because I'm Rich)". The world is waiting.
oword

walkonby

« Reply #392 on: November 11, 2009, 01:54:09 pm »
for cheap thrills, i like to balance my thoughts on whether john was a genius, the driving force behind the beatles and a saint for his anti-war, in your fucking face government attitude . . . or whether he was just a egotist asshole who thought all he touched was above everything anybody else could do.  and the way he treated julian really rubbed me the wrong way.

Relaxer

« Reply #393 on: November 11, 2009, 02:12:10 pm »
I'm totally with you on John's faults/shortcomings, especially the way he treated Julian and Cynthia
But the guy could write some songs
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2009, 06:28:19 pm »
"Ever Sit Down on a Box Set and Have an Orgasm? Well, Now You Can with Rammstein?s Latest!

This week,  Rammstein  released a new album titled Liebe Ist Für Alle Da ("Love Is There for Everyone"). Who gives a shit about Rammstein, right?? WRONG. Not only did these crazy German pervs recently release a video for first single "Pussy" on adult website Visit-x  ? which appropriately features a chick rubbing her poon, another sucking off some dude?s throbbing gristle, and a high-arc cum shot that ker-splats on a to-be-lusted-over blonde?s ass ? they?ve also released a box set version of the album that rivals The Smashing Pumpkins? Aeroplane Flies High as the best box set ever!

Rammstein?s New Album Banned From German Store Displays
http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/11/10/697438.aspx
<sig>

Mobius

« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2009, 07:43:46 pm »
for cheap thrills, i like to balance my thoughts on whether john was a genius, the driving force behind the beatles and a saint for his anti-war, in your fucking face government attitude . . . or whether he was just a egotist asshole who thought all he touched was above everything anybody else could do.  and the way he treated julian really rubbed me the wrong way.

Have you ever met a genius driving force behind the beatles and saint who wasn't an egotist asshole??

walkonby

« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2009, 07:19:57 pm »
DEAR GOD . . . WHY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2009, 07:33:50 pm »
and the way he treated julian really rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm totally with you on John's faults/shortcomings, especially the way he treated Julian

Nah, guys, he was always pretty cool to me.

walkonby

« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2009, 07:36:28 pm »
and the way he treated julian really rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm totally with you on John's faults/shortcomings, especially the way he treated Julian

Nah, guys, he was always pretty cool to me.

i was thinking of you when i wrote it . . . omg, now i'm thinking of you!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #399 on: December 10, 2009, 02:37:43 am »
Portishead sign to Amnesty

Portishead are releasing a brand new track, - "Chase the tear" for Amnesty International.

It will be available as an exclusive download single from 7 digital http://www.7digital.com/portisheadamnesty from December 10th with all earnings going towards Amnesty's human rights work and all rights given to the organisation indefinitely.

A video of Portishead performing ''Chase the Tear'' will also be available from 10 December at: http://www.amnesty.org.uk/portishead and at http://www.portishead.co.uk

International human rights day (10 December) marks the anniversary of the United Nation's historic "Universal Declaration Of Human Rights" on 10 December 1948. The UDHR set out for the first time in a single document the fundamental rights to which everyone, everywhere is entitled - including the right to life, liberty, security, the freedoms of opinion, association and expression, and the right not to be subjected to torture or cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment.

For more information: http://www.amnesty.org.uk/udhr

(first link is the best to preview the song, IMO)
<sig>