Author Topic: True Men Don't Kill Coyotes  (Read 855 times)

ggw

True Men Don't Kill Coyotes
« on: July 02, 2004, 11:30:00 am »
Coyote Alert: Don't Let Fluffy Roam at Night
 Updated: Friday, Jul. 2, 2004 - 8:52 AM

WASHINGTON - Area residents are being warned to protect their pets from coyotes. Wildlife biologists tell The Washington Post that the long-snouted, furry-tailed creatures have been sighted in Virginia in Falls Church and Arlington and in Silver Spring, Md. They say it's only a matter of time before they're in the District.

A coyote mother and four pups also have been seen in Germantown, Md., a WTOP listener says in an e-mail.

Falls Church officials are warning people to keep their pets inside after several recent attacks on small dogs and cats. Cats and dogs shouldn't be allowed to roam at night, they say.

Experts say coyotes rarely attack people, unless they are rabid. But Falls Church animal control officer Rebecca Keenan says people should know that they're here to stay.

(Copyright 2004 by WTOP and The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

MaLo

Re: True Men Don't Kill Coyotes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 12:54:00 pm »
i remember about thirteen years ago there was a coyote in my parent's neighborhood in Vienna, VA

ggw

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 12:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by MaLo:
  i remember about thirteen years ago there was a coyote in my parent's neighborhood in Vienna, VA
There was a mountain lion living in Shouse Village about five years ago.  It was also seen in Tysons.

flawd101

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 03:11:00 pm »
well the coyote can join all the monkeys that live in DC  :)   :)   :)

when i was in preschool there was a tiger outside an exxon gas station i used to wave to, but that was only a person in a tiger suit....(or was it a mobil..)

i think the scary thing is this rabit that is guarding the cave my my school...