Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2095090 times)

Space Freely

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #7275 on: November 03, 2017, 10:04:58 am »
So my wife came home last not all excited that she had "discovered" a band called My Chemical Romance. Should I be excited by this or repulsed by it? Or somewhere in between?

bearman🐻

« Reply #7276 on: November 03, 2017, 10:40:59 am »
So my wife came home last not all excited that she had "discovered" a band called My Chemical Romance. Should I be excited by this or repulsed by it? Or somewhere in between?

Some judges would consider that grounds for divorce, and they'd give you everything.

ggw

« Reply #7277 on: November 03, 2017, 10:50:49 am »
Does she still listen to Stryper?

Space Freely

« Reply #7278 on: November 03, 2017, 11:32:38 am »
To be clear, the "discovered" was my description of the situation, not me directly quoting her.

hutch

« Reply #7279 on: November 03, 2017, 03:05:35 pm »
My favorite tango singer...Julio Sosa...an Argentine  lp, "Guapo y Varon", released in 1965 compiling classic cuts from 1957-59....

hutch

« Reply #7280 on: November 05, 2017, 08:56:22 pm »
Portgal the Man...my partner really got into that hit song so i bought the cd

dyecraig

« Reply #7281 on: November 05, 2017, 10:36:40 pm »
roland kirk - the inflated tear.
sounds like my mood and what's happening today.

Space Freely

« Reply #7282 on: November 06, 2017, 09:04:14 am »
Sleater Kinney-All Hands on the Bad One

This cd was in the pile of 46 cd's I picked up at the library book sale. I decided to give it a spin on the car ride back from Philly. My wife made numerous negative comments, including, "All of the things I like in music, this album doesn't have."  "This album completely lacks and hooks", and "I think you're going to have to gong this one." My 10 year old daughter woke from nap to proclaim, "This music is horrible."

I then put on Taylor Swift's "Red", and all was right with the world, for both of them.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7283 on: November 06, 2017, 09:22:56 am »
This cd was in the pile of 46 cd's I picked up at the library book sale. I decided to give it a spin on the car ride back from Philly. My wife made numerous negative comments, including, "All of the things I like in music, this album doesn't have."  "This album completely lacks and hooks", and "I think you're going to have to gong this one." My 10 year old daughter woke from nap to proclaim, "This music is horrible."
The family that snarks together stays together.

I then put on Taylor Swift's "Red", and all was right with the world, for both of them.
It's Julian's America, the rest of you just live in it.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7284 on: November 06, 2017, 09:29:06 am »
The family that snarks together stays together.

It's Julian's America, the rest of you just live in it.

Based on this thread, I'm going to guess that Relaxer would have enjoyed that part of the car ride.

http://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=2738.15

You can look it up in the dictionary.

" Sleater-Kinney: A craptacular band from Washington State that sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. The guitar player can't play guitar. The singer can't sing. The drummer can only sorta play drums. They suck like no one has ever sucked before. Suck sucky suckage."

Then again, since there were no 21 year old Asian comic book girls in the car ready to blow him at the hint of a bald head, perhaps he wouldn't have even gotten in the car.

hutch

« Reply #7285 on: November 06, 2017, 09:53:40 am »
You gotta be kidding? All hands is a great album full of hooks...

hutch

« Reply #7286 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:19 pm »
The Killers - wonderful wonderful

Surprised to say I really dig it!!

Shades of new order, queen and natural born killers

hutch

« Reply #7287 on: November 08, 2017, 04:13:16 pm »
CCR - chronicle 2lp

Yada

« Reply #7288 on: November 09, 2017, 10:54:37 am »

Space Freely

« Reply #7289 on: November 09, 2017, 11:03:55 am »
More cd's from the 46 I got at library book sale.

I can see why none of these really did it for me the first time around, but it's interesting to revisit them in middle age...

Weezer: debut album
Pavement: Terror Twilight
Dismemberment Plan: Emergency and I

No surprise to me that the winner of these three is the most mellow of the three, Pavement. The other two are fine as well when they're not being too screamy or spastic.