Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2082500 times)

herman otto

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6870 on: May 22, 2017, 03:51:56 pm »
Chris Robinson's interview on Stern.  Damn.

Yada

« Reply #6871 on: May 22, 2017, 04:18:08 pm »

I don't care all that much about his criticism of Mayer, but Chris Robinson has got to be jealous again to rip on him... Dude would give his beard up to be in that band and not be opening club dates for Gov Mule in his cheesy rip off dead band.

herman otto

« Reply #6872 on: May 22, 2017, 04:22:00 pm »
I enjoyed, what, he said about Rick Rubin.

hutch

« Reply #6873 on: May 22, 2017, 04:43:55 pm »

I don't care all that much about his criticism of Mayer, but Chris Robinson has got to be jealous again to rip on him... Dude would give his beard up to be in that band and not be opening club dates for Gov Mule in his cheesy rip off dead band.

I think Chris does what he wants and is in a good place.... and if anyone is in a rip off dead band its John Mayer... I'll admit I've tried to get into Chris Robinson's band but the songs just aren't there..

Yada

« Reply #6874 on: May 22, 2017, 05:17:26 pm »

I think Chris does what he wants and is in a good place.... and if anyone is in a rip off dead band its John Mayer... I'll admit I've tried to get into Chris Robinson's band but the songs just aren't there..

Other than dead and company being the best offshoot/side project of any of the original dead members,  your statement is accurate.

hutch

« Reply #6875 on: May 22, 2017, 05:18:46 pm »
having said that my old deadhead friend has been reinvigorated by Mayer being in the band...he's really into the Dead again and won't miss a show (and is always trying to get me to go..be it Vegas, Philly, Nissan..)... so Mayer and the rest of the band must be doing something right...

hutch

« Reply #6876 on: May 22, 2017, 08:29:48 pm »
Chet Baker Sings (10")

Yada

« Reply #6877 on: May 23, 2017, 09:43:51 am »
having said that my old deadhead friend has been reinvigorated by Mayer being in the band...he's really into the Dead again and won't miss a show (and is always trying to get me to go..be it Vegas, Philly, Nissan..)... so Mayer and the rest of the band must be doing something right...

sounds like you're pulling a James Ford and have never actually listened to Dead and Co. Grab a $20 ticket for the Loooob show.

hutch

« Reply #6878 on: May 23, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »
Camper van beethoven.      Our beloved revolutionary sweetheart 2014 cd reissue chock full of great bonuses

hutch

« Reply #6879 on: May 24, 2017, 07:32:59 pm »
Carla Bozulich - Redheaded Stranger (w/ Nels Cline)

cover of Willie's album.. willie participates on a few tracks

hutch

« Reply #6880 on: May 24, 2017, 08:12:50 pm »
Bob Dylan the rest of the way tonight.... happy 76th birthday Bob!

hutch

« Reply #6881 on: May 24, 2017, 09:18:05 pm »
Blood on the tracks.    The recent original master lp issue from mofi.
..it is good sounding but i think the half speed master is best but my copy is a little beat...there was a period where i was obsessive bout this album

Yada

Yada

« Reply #6883 on: May 30, 2017, 09:52:52 am »

hutch

« Reply #6884 on: May 30, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »

one of the more bizzarre records I've bought...not sure what salsa dura has to do with the KKK or the mafia..good record though..apparently this album of versions of salsa standards was put together by an Argentine who moved to Peru and has an Orchestra there which would record just about everything...can't tell where this record was pressed.. could be Peru, Miami, Puerto Rico..from 1975 which is just about when the salsa boom or at least the quality of salsa began to wane...these are covers of Fania classics from the early 70s be they Willie Colon/Lavoe , Larry Harlow. .you name it..