Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 214824 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2013, 03:39:14 pm »
gotta love that moment on this forum where the conversation gets lost by pages of james ford and atomic battling about who is the bigger doodoohead.

Actually once again you are clueless.  James Ford is not arguing about me at all.  I haven't used any offensive words.  Not the Landover football team name, not the "N" word, not the "C"  word.....  The shitty Vermont beer you have been drinking has destroy your brain cells evidently.

OK.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:52 am »
wow I hadn't thought of this angle..."firing with cause"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-contemplating-firing-mike-shanahan-203700134--nfl.html
Mike Shannahan deserves to be fired. But first he's going to make a spectacle of this and make himself look like a victim. This guy is a cerifiable turd.

And now he's benched RG3 because he's worried he'll get injured. This guy is maddening.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2013, 11:39:44 am »
wow I hadn't thought of this angle..."firing with cause"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-contemplating-firing-mike-shanahan-203700134--nfl.html
Mike Shannahan deserves to be fired. But first he's going to make a spectacle of this and make himself look like a victim. This guy is a cerifiable turd.

And now he's benched RG3 because he's worried he'll get injured. This guy is maddening.

He wants to get fired.  It is in his contract that he can make all decisions about who plays.  So if the owner gets pissed off and fires him he gets 7 million to sit home and relax.   Sounds like a good plan.

hutch

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2013, 01:15:57 pm »

I'm shocked no one has speculated on who the next coach is going to be.

IF they still had one or two of those picks they gave to St. Louis to get RG III, I'd think Jimmy Johnson is a possibility.  Just so he can screw Jerry Jones.  If Al Davis were still alive, he'd trade a fortune to get RG III to Oakland.

Brian

hutch

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:57 pm »
well I speculated on who the next coach should be....I'd make a play for one of the Seattle coordinators.... Pete Carroll is managing but the coordinators are the ones drawing up the plays and they really seem to know what they're doing

the game is evolving so quickly i no longer believe there is value in going out and paying a ton of money for say a Cowher or a Gruden (although anything that would get Gruden off of MNF would be worth it... he annoys the fuck out of me) because they've been passed by...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2013, 11:39:34 pm »
i no longer believe there is value in going out and paying a ton of money for say a Cowher or a Gruden (although anything that would get Gruden off of MNF would be worth it... he annoys the fuck out of me)

SERIOUSLY.  his color commentary is useless.  brady makes a good pass: "that's tom brady being tom brady - you can't give him opportunities like that because he'll burn ya every time. a living legend".  tom brady throws an INT on the next play, and it's all "that's the problem with brady, making mistakes and giving the game away."  everything is fucking superlative and without any actual analysis.  he points out what just happened (that's the play-by-play guy's job, you idiot) and they tells us how it's the best or the worse thing ever.  i've gotten pretty good at muting him between plays.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2013, 08:52:07 am »
maybe most articles mention it but i think for shanahan this is a great move because RGIII's not getting pulled last year will always be a knock against him..by doing this he's in effect trying to show how much he cares about RGIII

all the while ticking off SNyder and RGIII and maybe leaving a quaterback controversy, if Cousins does real well, as a parting gift..

atomic

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2013, 11:40:41 am »
maybe most articles mention it but i think for shanahan this is a great move because RGIII's not getting pulled last year will always be a knock against him..by doing this he's in effect trying to show how much he cares about RGIII

all the while ticking off SNyder and RGIII and maybe leaving a quaterback controversy, if Cousins does real well, as a parting gift..

Maybe Cousins is the better quarterback and the Landover NFL team will start winning games now.  I mean they can't do much worse than they did with RGIII. Time to give someone else a chance.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: That Darned Washington NFL Team, Pt. Deux
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2013, 11:46:14 am »
Perhaps its my Michigan vs. Michigan State bias but there's this huge subsection of Washington fans who think Cousins is a legit starter and I look and if you extrapolate his numbers to the median starter's attempts of 550/season, he'd be on pace to throw 44 INTs in a year, yes? Say what you want about RG3, but he doesn't turn it over nearly the pace Cousins has. (Yes, small sample size, yada yada yada.)

EDIT: My mistake, just looked at the numbers again: he'd average 38 INTs is a 550 attempts season.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:44:50 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2013, 11:59:57 am »
the funny thing is I think Shanahan is a dufus but I agree with this move... what is the point of playing RGIII at this point? with such a terrible offensive line? give him a bit longer off an offseason and lets see next year...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2013, 01:12:38 pm »
RG3 is mobile, Kirk is not, there is NO offensive line. Kirk will be thrashed and have zero time. I like Kirk, he's a nice guy, he did good last year against decent defenses, but it was just 1 game and a handful of drives at the end of a game and a disaster in the playoffs. I only want Kirk to fail so that it blows up in Shannahans face.

How is it possible that this man has had 3 losing seasons [in 4] and is STILL trying to make himself look good? Why can't he accept that the game has left him behind. He had full control of this operation and fucking failed. He can't fail. He's Mike Shannahan. The man ran out of Denver. John Elway. Ugh. I'm so fucking sick of this cocksuckers arrogance. Drag an entire organization so his repuation [who he staked on Rex Grossman and John Beck] will stay intact. Fuck this guy forever.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2013, 02:31:55 pm »
RG3 is mobile, Kirk is not, there is NO offensive line. Kirk will be thrashed and have zero time. I like Kirk, he's a nice guy, he did good last year against decent defenses, but it was just 1 game and a handful of drives at the end of a game and a disaster in the playoffs. I only want Kirk to fail so that it blows up in Shannahans face.

How is it possible that this man has had 3 losing seasons [in 4] and is STILL trying to make himself look good? Why can't he accept that the game has left him behind. He had full control of this operation and fucking failed. He can't fail. He's Mike Shannahan. The man ran out of Denver. John Elway. Ugh. I'm so fucking sick of this cocksuckers arrogance. Drag an entire organization so his repuation [who he staked on Rex Grossman and John Beck] will stay intact. Fuck this guy forever.

I bet you were happy when he was hired.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2013, 03:26:47 pm »
I didn't think it was a good hire. No previous Super Bowl winning coach has ever won another Super Bowl. This formula has been used over and over again. It's a moot point. He's out in a few weeks and we're coachless and lost yet again.
‼‼?‼‼