Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 214768 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 05:28:20 pm »
Fire them all.  Shannehan made the decision to go to a 3-4 scheme when he had 4-3 personnel.    The fucked up d is on him.  The d was pretty good before he got here. 

I honestly don't see this franchise ever turning it around.  I care very little at this point. 

when the Redskins are so bad it rather embitters the town....

this is the problem with the washington sports fans.  they are so damn apathetic. take a lesson from boston, run some players out of town, create media shitstorms, boo your teams for underachieving.  don't simply "stop caring" when they start sucking.  care more, and call out who deserves to be called out.  the likes of dc sports bog and adam kilgore might be respectable sports journalists, but you need that asshole like TJ Simers or Dan Shaughnessy to show that your fanbase gives a shit.  until then, washington will always be a second-tier sports town.
They were definitely getting booed on Monday Night Football against the 9ers.... Not only that, but the fans left, and the 9ers fans raised all kinds of noise and started VERY clear "Lets go 9ers" chants. Now, if I was there, I would have booed the shit out of those 9ers fans. But, Snyder sees an empty stadium with just opposing team fans remaining. He knows. He saw the way the stadium was during the playoff game last year and during that 7 game win streak. He's not an idiot.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:05 pm »
shouldnt you guys stop watching football . . . and start worrying about the safety of the pope.  whats he going to do next, suggest that the vatican give up all its secret gold?

hutch

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 03:14:06 pm »
team has quit..

shanahan could be fired tomorrow... they're down 31-0 against the chiefs with 7 minutes left in first half!

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »
team has quit..

shanahan could be fired tomorrow... they're down 31-0 against the chiefs with 7 minutes left in first half!

So how would that work?  Like the monarchy in England?  Kyle just steps right in?  Serves the Washington team right for having such a clueless, fuck-knuckle Napoleon as an owner.

Brian

hutch

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 03:42:01 pm »
team has quit..

So how would that work?  Like the monarchy in England?  Kyle just steps right in?  Serves the Washington team right for having such a clueless, fuck-knuckle Napoleon as an owner.

Brian

That is a good point...who would replace him?

anyways game has tightened significantly...38-10 at half time

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 04:38:50 pm »
So this Griffin fellow doesn't seem that great. (?)

hutch

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 04:46:49 pm »
Skins making a run..getting tight...

hutch

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 05:08:49 pm »
wasn't enough in the end...fell just a bit short but I think this is a game we can build on...I'm taking away a lot of positives...

hutch

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 05:24:40 pm »

atomic

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 05:44:05 pm »
the strong support by the fans continues to be a source of comfort and pride

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-blowing-redskins-washington-stadium-empties-second-half-200516474--nfl.html

Talk about fair-weathered fans.  Anyways, the Ravens game was crazy but at least they came through in the end.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 05:58:43 pm »

Shanahan MAY be fired tomorrow....  You don't leak a story like this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10101919/mike-shanahan-was-ready-quit-washington-redskins-2012-season

...unless you have one foot out the door.

Thoroughly entertaning early slate of games.  If the Brown had made that field goal (CUNDIFF!) and/or the Steelers had made that return without stepping out of bounds (IRONY!), maybe one of the best ever.

Brian

atomic

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 11:15:59 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/is-mike-shanahan-or-daniel-snyder-to-blame-washington-doesnt-deserve-either-of-them/2013/12/08/346ccb90-6068-11e3-8beb-3f9a9942850f_story.html

Seems the headline of the article is a lie.    When all fans leave at half time they do deserve Snyder and Shanahan. 
This is what Dan Snyder deserves. Not the team, not at all, but Daniel Snyder and Mike Shannahan and his arrogance. Seriously? Allowing 300+ yards on special teams and the FUCKING SPECIAL TEAMS COACH REMAINS ON THE TEAM. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. He's a Shannahan guy, so he'll stay. Same with Jim Haslett. That cunt hasn't produced a top 10 defense in ALL of his years as a coordinator OR a head coach. What does Dan Snyder hate? Not making money. How doesn't he make money? Whent the stadium fucking clears. Fuck him and fuck the whole organization. They've treated the fans like whores for years and this is what they get. I feel bad for the team, but even they have quit. I've always considered myself a die hard Skins fan, but this is just insanity. The coach doesn't care, the players don't seem to care, what more can we put up with?

People were GIVING away their tickets on my social media feeds. Last week they were going for a whopping $7 on StubHub. Screw them all. It isn't fair weather, when the team loses 5 in a row, it's snowing and raining, you're down by 4 fucking touchdowns at the half, I'd be the first one out the door. Dan Snyder needs to see what he has done. Shannahan and his whole coaching staff SHOULD be booed out of the stadium. Worthless garbage.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 11:45:39 am »
I know this is football and your posting on this thread automatically makes you a blockhead, but can you please refrain from using the "c" word?