Author Topic: Drug of the Oughts?  (Read 4446 times)

jb1677

Re: Drug of the Oughts?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
Ephedrine  is the basis for many different decongestants and was widely used in diet pills in the form ephedra, and in many OTC stimulants (Max alert etc).

Methamphetamine can be produced by reducing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine.  Since ephedrine is used in decongestants you can start with something like sudafed, extract the ephedrine and move on from there.  

Many companies are moving to other things than ephedrine for their otc meds because of the stigma that has been attached to it.  In some places Oregon, Iowa and Oklahoma have limits or require prescriptions for things containing ephedrine to combat the meth problem

crank is just a generic term for any sort of amphetamine or methamphetamine.

With regards to it being "the drug" who knows, its been around forever and tends to come and go throughout the years.

pip

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
Crystal meth... it's the drug of choice of  born-again Christians.

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 03:53:00 pm »
If tweakers put nightguards in their mouths while tweaking, I wonder, would their teeth be protected against the ravages of tweakdom?

Sir HC

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2005, 04:19:00 pm »
I thought it was the whole sugar need that also ruined their teeth when tweeking.

walkonby

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 05:12:00 pm »
hating for jesus

Jaguär

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 06:56:00 pm »
Ritilan and SSRIs.

And for the hardcore, oxycontin. Just ask Rush and Courtney.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 07:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  I thought it was the whole sugar need that also ruined their teeth when tweeking.
Speed dries out your mouth real bad and that makes it a hot bed for bacteria...that's another reason it's rough on the teeth.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
So gargle with Listerine every hour.  Problem solved.  You can thank me later...

Jaguär

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 11:38:00 pm »
Well, I'm not all that sure about humans but I can tell you what all the squirrels in South London are doing.

Apparently, all the crack heads are stashing their drugs in the parks. The local squirrels have since taken to eating the rocks of crack. This has led to a rash of crack addicted squirrels who have become strung out and digging frantically for more crack. Those suckers are hyper enough. I don't think that I want to run into some crack head squirrel with a habit to feed.

Arlette

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 11:48:00 pm »
Ha!  I was just reading about that on a blog!  Then came back here and it's been mentioned. Weird things happen when you spend the whole night on the Internet.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005460823,00.html

Jaguär

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 11:55:00 pm »
Well, finally! We're in synch about something.   :D

Jaguär

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 12:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Arlette:
  Ha!  I was just reading about that on a blog!  Then came back here and it's been mentioned. Weird things happen when you spend the whole night on the Internet.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005460823,00.html  
LOL. We have them too!

"Crack squirrels are a recognised problem in America. They are common in parks used by addicts in New York and Washington DC."

Has anyone seen any?
 I've seen plenty of loons.