Author Topic: look for me on Rockstar INXS tonight!!  (Read 3445 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
look for me on Rockstar INXS tonight!!
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:57:00 pm »
yes, that's right.  
 9PM on CBS.
 and i'm in a little red silky top.  
 do it.  do it.

by the way; i am definitely not condoning the viewing of this show.  i think it sucks, completely.  i hate the idea of it.  capitalist america at its best.

but watch anyway, because you're just that hypocritical.
 and it's not like any of us have anything better to be doing, anyway...

squidbitz

Re: look for me on Rockstar INXS tonight!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 06:22:00 pm »
I think the show is actually a great idea.  After going through some not so favorable "star" singers, like TTD and Mike Patton, I think they decided to let fans decide who would be the best fit for the band.  I don't know why some of these singers are here and not on Rockstar Black Crows, or Rockstar Doobie Brothers, but there is some really good fit with INXS talent for a band that wants to get back into the game.  Watch, and vote because if you're a fan you will go see them when they tour so you should vote for who you want to watch.

serpent boy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
I'm a regular viewer, so I'll be watching. I also enjoy the show, as well as American Idol. Marty, Jordis and MiG are probably the best at this point.

They never mention the show being live, so how early is it taped? A few minutes? A day?

you be betty

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 09:30:00 pm »
it was taped from 11-1 this morning and aired at 9.  do the math yourselves; i'm too lazy.

SPARX

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
I didn't see you. I also agree with serpent boy on his picks.Mig in particular seems well suited,you know mate. Marty and Jordis will be signed somewhere.                                     Edit: Daphna did a great Doors cover before tanking and getting booted in that horid Togalike thing..She was probably the most theatrical of the lot.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 10:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by squidbitz:
  I think the show is actually a great idea.  After going through some not so favorable "star" singers, like TTD and Mike Patton, I think they decided to let fans decide who would be the best fit for the band.  I don't know why some of these singers are here and not on Rockstar Black Crows, or Rockstar Doobie Brothers, but there is some really good fit with INXS talent for a band that wants to get back into the game.  Watch, and vote because if you're a fan you will go see them when they tour so you should vote for who you want to watch.
You can't be serious.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 09:12:00 am »
Why would you go see the taping if you are so against it?

Capitalist America at it's best? Come on, comrade. All of your favorite bands have an interest in making money, no?

My take on this that are left, in order that I like them:

1. Marty. Too good for INXS, definitely the class of the field
 2. Mig. Has been been solid but unspectacular. Probably just right for INXS
 3. Suzy, Definitely the best female performer week in and week out.
 4. JD. Wildly inconsistent, but definitely has stage presence. He should get a modelling contract out of this.
 5. Jordis. She sings like and American Idol contestant with dreadlocks and tattoos.
 6. Ty. Nice voice, but too theatrical. And would INXS hire a gay black man with a mohawk, even in 2005?
 7. Deanna. Big tits, one dimensional voice. Both probably have kept her in the running, but not for long.
 8. Jessica. Big tits. Poseur. She's gone next.

Originally posted by you be betty:
  yes, that's right.  
 9PM on CBS.
 and i'm in a little red silky top.  
 do it.  do it.

by the way; i am definitely not condoning the viewing of this show.  i think it sucks, completely.  i hate the idea of it.  capitalist america at its best.

but watch anyway, because you're just that hypocritical.
 and it's not like any of us have anything better to be doing, anyway...

squidbitz

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 04:48:00 pm »
Ok Mig, Jordis, Marty...what about JD, come on raise your hand for the homeless trying to work in this country.  And what about Ty...AMAZING VOICE...Carnegie Mellon grad...HooHaa

Got Haggis?

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 07:44:00 am »
wait, so INXS tried to get Mike Patton to be their singer? that would have been great.

smakawhat

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  wait, so INXS tried to get Mike Patton to be their singer? that would have been great.
NO! what would be great is if Mike Bill and Puffy and co. get their act together and REUNITE FAITH NO MORE!!!

make it happen...

you be betty

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 03:02:00 am »
well; because
 1) it was free
 2) i had nothing better to do
 3) i love me some INXS and
 4) it was free

i watched though, and ended up seeing my back and quite a bit of my arms and bracelets up in the air...i guess it helps to have weird jewelry sometimes...