Author Topic: South, Etc Rollcall  (Read 6064 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
South, Etc Rollcall
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »
Going to be an interesting night of music... Could Margot and The Nuclear So & Sos still the thunder of  the headliners? It would appear a buzz is being to build about.  Haven't checked out Something for Rockets yet...

I'll be staring down at you all from that DJ booth in the rafters, and hopefully stirring the soul as well with the tunes.  Be on the lookout for the guys from Middle Distance Runner who will be handing out their sampler CDs after the show...

AOLMusic is streaming the Margot CD...
  http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds
T.Rex

vassego

Re: South, Etc Rollcall
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
Thanks for the link, I haven't yet heard Margot, but heard a lot about them.  It's pretty good stuff so far.  I'm looking forward to seeing South, although Adventures...is hardly as good as With the Tides.

Fico

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:53:00 pm »
Pretty excited about South...I'll be doing my first back-to-back shows in a long time..let me check out these openeres I was thinking of showing up just for South...there is no chance this will sell out right?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »
Something For Rockets is Itzhak Perlman's son Rami group...
T.Rex

Darth Ed

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »
I'm not really familiar with South (any RIYLs?), but I'm digging Margot. If I hadn't been to two shows over the past two nights, I'd be really tempted to check out tonight's show just for them. I still might go if I get really bored, but I think I'll just chill at home tonight.

brennser

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 01:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  I'm not really familiar with South (any RIYLs?)
The Margot is great - I am seriously considering swinging by just to see them (have family in town otherwise I'd defintiely go).

South - your typical atmospheric early 00s Brit band - RIYL Elbow, Doves, I Am Kloot....but probably just a notch below them in terms of talent

Fico

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 01:59:00 pm »
Ed,

South are pretty good. I think you'd quite like em'. Heard the show last night at Baltimore was excellent despite being pretty unattended...

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:35:00 am »
okay.  the show last night exceeded ALL expectation.  it was excellent.