Author Topic: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?  (Read 5405 times)

Frank Gallagher

  • Member
  • Posts: 4792
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »
Well, on review of this whole topic I can't recall anywhere were I stated I hate muslims. I said I think the muslim way of life is totally fucked up, which in my opinion it is. A couple of you simply put your own slant on a fairly non-threatening remark and turned into me being the next Hitler...funny how he usually get thrown in at every opportunity by the bleeding heart liberals...but I digress.
 
 I happen to think that circumsising is also fucked up, does that make me a jew-hater too, or re-confirm that I'm a muslim hater because of FGM? The answer is probably yes in your mind.
 
 Debate Among Muslims:
 As noted above, FGM is a social custom, not a religious practice. However, in those Muslim countries where it is practice, FGM is often justified by a controversial saying attributed to the Prophet Mohammed that seem to favor sunna circumcision. The authenticity of these sayings are unconfirmed, and some scholars have refuted them. Even if true, they only permit the practice; they do not mandate it.
 
 FGM has probably been performed for at least 1,400 years (some references estimate 2,000 years), and started during what Muslims call "al-gahiliyyah" (the era of ignorance). The Qu'r'an, Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) and Christian Scriptures (New Testament) is silent on the subject. The Sunnah (the words and actions of the Prophet Mohammed) contains a reference to female circumcision.

 
 
 If I take the same 'blinkers on, all or nothing' attitued that you took to my comments I must assume because you love the muslim way of life you are pro FGM...you sick bastard I pity your wife(s) and daughters then.

  • Guest
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  its pretty typical of racists to not see themselves as such.  "Some of my best friends are black," yada yada.  But anyone who thinks they can categorize and condemn a billion people they've never met is a bigot -- nothing tired-old-PC about that.  It's what you are.
Are there a billion Afrikan American Moslems living in the USA & UK?  ...maybe in Brittain.

  • Guest
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  The only thing that stops you from being a Nazi
Now who's using the broad brush now?
 
 Calling O'Mankie a nazi?  Next you'll doubtless say that Field Marshall Mongomery was a transvestitie!?!  Was Winston Churchill a klan wizard, too?

  • Guest
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »
One good thing about Mormons:  They live in deserts & preach polygamy...just like Moslems do.
 
 Maybe Mormons could be sent to the middle east as American envoys?  They could enjoy the harem dances and talk sand and tumbleweeds with the Wahabists...probably have a lot in common.

Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »
Doctor Doom loves female genital mutilation? Wow, that's pertty fucked up. I guess we should have known, based on his screenname.

  • Guest
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 06:08:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  The only thing that stops you from being a Nazi is you're targeting Muslims with your hate rather than Jews.
The only thing that stops you from being a Khmer Rouge is you're targeting Mankie with your hate rather than Cambodian city dwellers.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

  • Member
  • Posts: 3745
    • my blog
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 09:31:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Well, on review of this whole topic I can't recall anywhere were I stated I hate muslims. I said I think the muslim way of life is totally fucked up, which in my opinion it is.
You don't seem to be getting that you are calling an entire religion fucked up, based on a high level of ignorance and assumptions, and that is bigotry.
 
 To put it in terms you might understand, your mention earlier on of the fact that you've traveled to Muslim lands and learned nothing about their culture made me think of the type of British punters who travel all over the world but never bother to venture beyond their favorite British expat pub, and the working girls that frequent said pub, in the countries they visit.    Now, there is no question that *some* Brits behave as insufferable boors while on travel.  If I were to say all Brits are like that, though, that would be bigotry.
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

  • Member
  • Posts: 4792
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 06:59:00 am »
I do happen to think that the muslim religion is fucked up, what's so bigoted about that? I think most religions are fucked up but the muslim religion being the worst of the bunch. I don't wish any of them dead as you have accused me of, but there's no question that without religion there'd be a lot less wars and a lot less dead people.
 
 
 And you are the biggest user of the broad brush. It's just your bigotry and hatred is obviously targeted towards the British.

Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 07:02:00 am »
All NAZIS were bad.
 
 Ooops, I'm a bigot too.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

  • Member
  • Posts: 3745
    • my blog
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 09:33:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  I do happen to think that the muslim religion is fucked up, what's so bigoted about that? I think most religions are fucked up but the muslim religion being the worst of the bunch. I don't wish any of them dead as you have accused me of, but there's no question that without religion there'd be a lot less wars and a lot less dead people.
 
 
 And you are the biggest user of the broad brush. It's just your bigotry and hatred is obviously targeted towards the British.
I have nothing against the British, you obviously completely missed the point (just like you missed picking up any knowledge from your travels).  I was applying your exact attitude to a group you were familiar with, so you would understand how you come off.  Didn't think I'd have to spell that out.   :D
 
 Anyway it's time to hopefully let this sorry thread die so that's my last word on the matter.
_\|/_

Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 09:38:00 am »
Based on the first definition, I'd say a vast mojority of the people on this board are "bigots". Based on the second definition, I don't see anything in Mankie's stated opinions that qualifies him as a "bigot."
 
 
 bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

kosmo vinyl

  • Administrator
  • Member
  • Posts: 10837
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 09:46:00 am »
hey don't be dissin' us that have Mojo
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

  • Administrator
  • Member
  • Posts: 10837
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
is this the point where I interject that I encounter a group who like to dress up like Faeries and have festival...  what a bunch of FREAKS (although one of them was kinda hot)
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

  • Member
  • Posts: 4792
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 10:10:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  I do happen to think that the muslim religion is fucked up, what's so bigoted about that? I think most religions are fucked up but the muslim religion being the worst of the bunch. I don't wish any of them dead as you have accused me of, but there's no question that without religion there'd be a lot less wars and a lot less dead people.
 
 
 And you are the biggest user of the broad brush. It's just your bigotry and hatred is obviously targeted towards the British.
I have nothing against the British, you obviously completely missed the point (just like you missed picking up any knowledge from your travels).  I was applying your exact attitude to a group you were familiar with, so you would understand how you come off.  Didn't think I'd have to spell that out.    :D  
 
 Anyway it's time to hopefully let this sorry thread die so that's my last word on the matter. [/b]
And I think you missed my point, I simply used your logic and spun it back at you, and hopefully you realized how stupid it was. You translated "I think the muslim way of life is fucked up" into "I want all muslims dead"
 
 Maybe my knowledge learned while in these muslim counries brought me to the opnion that I think it's a fucked up way of life, and why is it that feeling that someones religion/beliefs/way of life is wrong makes someone a bigot/racist?
 
 Incidently, have you spent any time visiting a muslim state?

eldred24

  • Member
  • Posts: 10
Re: So, How Ya Feelin' About the Mormons, Then?
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 10:55:00 am »
You two need to go get a room.