Author Topic: The Lemonheads/Vietnam /The Oranges band  (Read 2911 times)

urwhyimhiding

The Lemonheads/Vietnam /The Oranges band
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »
Is anyone else going to this show wed 2/21 at the ottobar?  I've never been there, is it a good place to watch shows? I already have my tickets so I hope so  :)

sonickteam2

Re: The Lemonheads/Vietnam /The Oranges band
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »
i am dying to go, but i have a work trip, and i dunno what time i'll be back tomorrow....ugh!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »
Vietnam is opening for The B-52s next month.  It's a triple bill with Agent Orange.

BookerT

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »
if this was on a weekend i'd make the trip, but just too tough on a weeknight. think the oranges band are trying out another new bass player for this one. vietnam was good at black cat a few months ago, much better than the lemonheads. i sorta grew tired of their record pretty quickly, but it's still a good listen.

lbcardoni

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »
The Ottobar is a great room to see a band.  Decent sound and not many bad sight lines.  Plus a free parking lot.

jetelo

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
Hate to disagree with you Booker, but I walked away from that Black Cat show thinking that Vietnam may be the worst band I ever saw in concert.  The absolute worst!!  It wasn't a great Lemonheads performance, but Evan was in a good mood, which is a rarity, and was generous to the crowd with requests.