Author Topic: Tommy Stinson hits the road w/o GnR  (Read 734 times)

Bags

Tommy Stinson hits the road w/o GnR
« on: July 20, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
(though on his website he says he's still in the band)

solo act [New York Magazine]
 Tommy Stinson

The melodic garage rock of long-defunct Minneapolis quartet the Replacements inspired a cottage industry of solo spinoffs. In the early nineties, Replacements lead singer Paul Westerberg became a pop star for a moment, swept onto the charts by grunge??s momentum; more recently, bassist Tommy Stinson released his solo debut, Village Gorilla Head, which, like the Replacements?? best work, manages to sound both tuneful and gritty. Stinson has chosen an ideal venue to premiere his new music: the newly opened Lower East Side nightspot the Delancey, which has already made a name for itself in the downtown rock scene thanks to parties like ??Up!? ??Ethan Brown

? The Delancey, 168 Delancey St. New York City; 212-254-9920. 7/28.

From his website:

YES, this is the official Tommy Stinson website.

YES, everything you hear from this site comes directly from me.

YES, I'm still in Guns N Roses.

YES, Chinese Democracy will be coming out.

YES, the unreleased Perfect record has been remixed and will be released by Rykodisc.

YES, my new solo album, Village Gorilla Head, is due out on July 27th on Sanctuary Records.

YES, this is really me.
 =======================
 JUL. 15: Tommy leaves for Seattle to begin rehearsing with Alien Crime Syndicate for the upcoming tour starting in late August.
 JUN. 30: Hey all!

Here are the updates for the week. My part of The Figgs dates have been cancelled do to a logistical snaffu, and now I'll be going out with the Alien Crime Syndicate starting in the Northwest around the 3rd week of August. I'm aiming to stick with them and tour the whole country and Europe til the end of summer into early fall. I'll post the dates as they are confirmed. I also will be doing a few solo shows: one in Minneapolis on the 27th of July (the day Village Gorilla Head comes out) at the Fineline. I'll also be confirming a N.Y.C. date for the 29th of July by next week. Lots to talk about in the coming weeks so stay tuned.