Author Topic: "Be Here Now" albums  (Read 9260 times)

Brian_Wallace

"Be Here Now" albums
« on: January 25, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »
The other side of the coin.  Albums that when they were released, were given amazing praise but now that they are looked back upon, are seen as awful.

"Be Here Now" by Oasis.

Brian

Vas Deferens

Re: "Be Here Now" albums
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »
My Chemical Romance - "The Black Parade"
(_|_)

TheREALHunter

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  The other side of the coin.  Albums that when they were released, were given amazing praise but now that they are looked back upon, are seen as awful.

"Be Here Now" by Oasis.

Brian
I personally thought it sucked immediately upon hearing it after its release but yeah overall people still had their love affair with Oasis at the time.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
Fair enough.   I love it.  I'm not sure if it was amazingly praised when it came out, though.  I think one of those recent Red Hot Chili Peppers albums would fit into this category.

Brian

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »
I'm not sure it's critically reviled now, but I have no clue how RHCP's Stadium Arcadia got any praise.  Stink city.

Fair enough.   I love it.  I'm not sure if it was amazingly praised when it came out, though.  I think one of those recent Red Hot Chili Peppers albums would fit into this category.

Brian [/b]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »
I would have to say "Definitely Maybe" hasn'taged well, the last time I dug it out the couple of really great tracks leap right off it, but the rest sounds now like filler.  This maybe in part due to their less than stellar first drummer.

The first Bloc Party didn't age well either...
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »
http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/mychemicalromance/blackparade?q=my%20chemical%20romance

Brian [/b]
(_|_)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »
  http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/mychemicalromance/blackparade?q=my%20chemical%20romance

As a MCR fan, I'm so used to being HASSLED!  By the MAN!  You just don't UNDERSTAND ME, DAD!!!  AND MY BLACK CLOTHES!!!  AND EYELINER!!!

I never knew it was a highly praised album.  I guess I really do have great taste.

Brian

godsshoeshine

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
source tags & codes

awful might be a bit strong
o/\o

nkotb

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »
Really?  I still think it's pretty top notch.  It's not as good as Madonna, but I don't think my appreciation for it has gone down any over the years.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  source tags & codes

godsshoeshine

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »
you know...i listened to it for the first time in awhile and i like it...but dont love it like i used to
o/\o

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Really?  I still think it's pretty top notch.  It's not as good as Madonna, but I don't think my appreciation for it has gone down any over the years.

Yeah, I concur. For my $$, that is still one of the best ten albums of the decade.

El Jefe Design

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 05:43:00 pm »
A few years ago it seemed like everyone hated Oasis due to them being everywhere. I would go into a CD Exchange and see dozens of their albums for two bucks each used. Now is seems the hatred of Oasis is passed and their is a certain nostalgia for them and I can not find any used albums of theirs.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Jefe Design:
  A few years ago it seemed like everyone hated Oasis due to them being everywhere. I would go into a CD Exchange and see dozens of their albums for two bucks each used. Now is seems the hatred of Oasis is passed and their is a certain nostalgia for them and I can not find any used albums of theirs.
I think it's partially because their most recent LP was actually really good. Oasis was amazing when they first came out then got terrible from Be Here Now on, but they've turned into a pretty good act again and only really play the good material, for the most part, in concert.

manimtired

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

Originally posted by El Jefe Design:
I think it's partially because their most recent LP was actually really good. Oasis was amazing when they first came out then got terrible from Be Here Now on, but they've turned into a pretty good act again and only really play the good material, for the most part, in concert. [/b]
their last show at merriweather was pretty great.  looking forward to their new album and hopefully US tour..