Author Topic: There's a new Prince in town...  (Read 2778 times)

Bags

There's a new Prince in town...
« on: February 25, 2004, 06:54:00 pm »
And hopefully he'll be coming to ours this summer....  Prince hits the  road.

walkman

Re: There's a new Prince in town...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 07:59:00 pm »
which reminds me, I just heard the Foo Fighters cover of Darling Nikki the other day...what a piece of utter shite!  Price should sue.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 08:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:
  which reminds me, I just heard the Foo Fighters cover of Darling Nikki the other day...what a piece of utter shite!  Price should sue.
I've never heard it...can't comment.  But, I enjoy the Foo covers -- they use them as B-sides.

G.Love

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 05:57:00 am »
Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:
   I just heard the Foo Fighters cover of Darling Nikki the other day...what a piece of utter shite!
I thought it was a pretty decent cover with a twist.  Did you like the original?

MAXX44

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
I saw Prince at the Warner 2 years ago..he played for 3 hours....no break....such a great show.....he's incredibly talented.....the venue was a big part of the show, an arena show won't have the same appeal....anyway, Prince is great live

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 10:25:00 am »
I was really into Prince around 1987 or so. I don't think his music has aged that well. I'd be just as likely to throw on a Cyndi Looper records, though I have neither.

Bags

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 10:32:00 am »
Except that Lauper is doing a whole new thing -- American Standards, so seeing her wouldn't be nostalgic at all, 'cept for the red hair.

eros

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by MAXX44:
  I saw Prince at the Warner 2 years ago..
I was at that show too.  Couldn't agree more.  Singing, dancing, playing every instrument.  He didn't do any "hits", and it was fantastic.

A friend of mine in the fanclub got us in to watch the sound check too.  While the band was jamming, he comes down into the seats, sits about 2 rows behind us and says "So, how does that sound to y'all".  A moment I'll never forget.
ʎɐʍou

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 11:19:00 am »
Was he able to see over the seat in front of him?

Originally posted by eros:

Originally posted by MAXX44:
  I saw Prince at the Warner 2 years ago..
I was at that show too.  Couldn't agree more.  Singing, dancing, playing every instrument.  He didn't do any "hits", and it was fantastic.

A friend of mine in the fanclub got us in to watch the sound check too.  While the band was jamming, he comes down into the seats, sits about 2 rows behind us and says "So, how does that sound to y'all".  A moment I'll never forget. [/b]

MAXX44

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 12:23:00 pm »
Prince is a talent....Rhett is a moron...anyone else agree? At least with the second statement.....

G.Love

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
I don't know about Rhett, but that guy RJ Balls certainly is!!!  ;)

mankie

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 03:57:00 pm »
It seems to me other artists sing his songs better than he could...although I've been told many times his live performance is amazing.