Author Topic: "abuses" of Iraqi POW's  (Read 35623 times)

markie

Re: "abuses" of Iraqi POW's
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2004, 10:26:00 am »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  Not fun, but I still feel very necessary and beneficial to the aircrew.
Nice post.

Preparing for a worst case scenario seems like a good idea. I got the impression that you were practicing on a real P.O.W. That would have been bad.

Thanks for the insight though.

ggw

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2004, 10:28:00 am »
 I can't go into the full details, but we did treat them very badly without physically injuring them.

I could hear one sobbing like a baby while up against the wall waiting for his turn.
Wait -- was this in the military, or at the car dealership??

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2004, 10:30:00 am »
Worse, they have us Bob and Doug Mackennzie, and a crapload of bad music, which has been covered in previous threads.

But we're kicking their asses now on the exchange rates, and I'm going to Canada twice this year. Woohoo.

Originally posted by Macktastic Bag O' Flash:

Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

maybe we will fight [..] Canada one day, but it's not happening now...
We already beat them once! Read a history book. [/b]
So there's the example -- did they torture and abuse U.S. pows?  You tell us, board historian...how did our 'standards' of warfare compare? [/b]

mankie

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2004, 10:34:00 am »

[/b]
It sounds very much like what that Andy McNab fellow described going through as a part of his S.A.S. training...in the book
  Immediate Action. [/QB]
The SAS are Brits, mankie is a Brit....coincidence?

Fico

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2004, 10:35:00 am »

Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:
   . Hangin' burnt from a bridge just doesn't do it for me.
[/b][/QUOTE]

It does not do it for me either, and it shouldn't "do it" for anyone who respects human life. But don't forget one of the triggers of this reaction by the Iraqi's, the deathtoll of more than 15k CIVILIANS according to estimates...

and that's the crying shame, that people talk about war as if it were a strictly military A against military B engagement... had we been sharing borders in Iraq and 15k civilian americans had been killed, do you really think a similar response would've been an impossible thing?? they've dragged people on pick-ups for being gay and burned people for being black... I wouldn't be surprised if that reaction would've happened here if we were in their shoes... we went to them, to occupy, they didn't come to us, and as it has been proven they didn't force it upon them... how laughable that former "Sadaam generals" may now be once again heading the Iraqi army imposed by us..the "liberators"..

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2004, 10:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Sacktastic Bag O' Nuts:
  Worse, they have us Bob and Doug Mackennzie, and a crapload of bad music, which has been covered in previous threads.

But we're kicking their asses now on the exchange rates, and I'm going to Canada twice this year. Woohoo.

Are you, by chance, going to see the wildest part of the North American Continent, the beautiful Thelon preserve?

Celeste

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2004, 10:37:00 am »
   Alas, usually the countries we're FIGHTING are not of the more civilized ilk.
hmmm...that sounds pretty arrogant...the fundamentalist muslims might think we westerners are pretty "uncivilized" what with all our free sexuality, women going to school, drinking and the like...

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2004, 10:37:00 am »
  The SAS are Brits, mankie is a Brit....coincidence?
It's standard pilot/Sp.Forces training worldwide, as you said above.

mankie

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
 [QB]

But Britain is kicking doodlevilles arse on the exchange rate...unfortunately I'm going over there...yet again, it sucks to be me!  :mad:

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
That sounds intriguing, but no, I'll only be visiting the cities of Toronto and Montreal. (Montreal next weekend).

Are you, by chance, going to see the wildest part of the North American Continent, the beautiful Thelon preserve? [/b]

mankie

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2004, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by Ball Girl:

hmmm...that sounds pretty arrogant...the fundamentalist muslims might think we westerners are pretty "uncivilized" what with all our free sexuality, women going to school, drinking and the like... [/b]
How civilized are the inner-cities with the bloods, crips, MS13 and all that stuff. Look at SE DC, with those highschool kids killing each other.

I'd say American is pretty uncivilized at the moment with all the murders, rapes, school shootings etc.

Celeste

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2004, 10:47:00 am »

hmmm...that sounds pretty arrogant...the fundamentalist muslims might think we westerners are pretty "uncivilized" what with all our free sexuality, women going to school, drinking and the like... [/b]
How civilized are the inner-cities with the bloods, crips, MS13 and all that stuff. Look at SE DC, with those highschool kids killing each other.

I'd say American is pretty uncivilized at the moment with all the murders, rapes, school shootings etc. [/b]
well, my point was pretty much that "civilization" is relative

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2004, 10:51:00 am »
Sucks for you.

Hopefully the exchange rates will improve for Americans when we plan to go somewhere in Europe in 2005. If not, will just have to scale back on the visit.

[QB]

But Britain is kicking doodlevilles arse on the exchange rate...unfortunately I'm going over there...yet again, it sucks to be me!   :mad:  [/b]

Celeste

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2004, 10:55:00 am »
  If not, will just have to scale back on the visit.

NEVER!!!!  :p

Bags

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2004, 10:57:00 am »

You're right -- I didn't mean the entire countries, I meant the war and fighting style of our opposition, and that may not necessarily be the official militiary.  I was referring to the torture and abuse directed at Americans that we should be better than....you know, all that stuff folks here keep mentioning.

Ditto to Mank's reference to SE DC -- the discussion was on warfare and how wars are fought, what's appropriate or not and what standard we might hold our military to.  The brush I was painting with was not intended to cover any country entirely -- the US or others.  Hell, we treat each other like SHIT.