Author Topic: "abuses" of Iraqi POW's  (Read 35159 times)

mankie

Re: "abuses" of Iraqi POW's
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2004, 04:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:

Yeah, I don't think they were on chat boards calling him dumb. If they were they wouldnt last very long, they'd probably end up taking acid showers. [/b]
NEWSFLASH! They didn't have the internet back then.

BREAKING NEWS! The Patriot Act.

Sir HC

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »
From the Post on-line chats:

Dan Froomkin: From my column yesterday, which no one read because Bush apologized and it vanished off the home page:

Much has been made of the fact that Bush is still using a line from his stump speech about how the torture chambers in Iraq are closed.

But here's something no one seems to have noticed: He has made a change. Now he's saying whose torture chambers.

Up until lately, the line generally went "Because we acted, torture chambers are closed."

That was up until early Tuesday afternoon. See, for instance, his remarks in Lebanon or Maumes, Ohio.

But since Tuesday night -- or by the time he got to Cincinnati -- he's been more specific. The exact words now: "Because our coalition acted, Saddam's torture chambers are closed."

And he's used that precise phrasing two more times since then.

Here are the three speeches:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/05/20040504-6.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/05/20040504-3.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/05/20040504-8.html

flawd101

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2004, 11:13:00 am »
this is only going to get worse....right now we are drunk and having sex with a horribly ugly chick, tommarrow we will see how fucked we are.

and god fucking dammit, root for the fucking home team!!!  you are in america so like america more.  technally we are better, we are sitting down typing at computers,  how many people in this world don't have the luxary?  now dont complain if you go to starbucks everyday instead of dodging bombs and bullets.

its wrong what we did if you saw the pictures but look what iraqis did to santa claus and jesus in that south park episode!  fucking santa man, FUCKING SANTA, no one messes with sants balls and get away with it.  

you wont like this part but just have those camera men call in an air stike at those al-sadir rallies.  were the fuck is james bond?  probaly fucking paris hilton like everyone else... if they have a kid it will be an mtv show...

to recap. i started with war and ended with paris hilton fucking james bond....

godsshoeshine

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2004, 07:54:00 pm »
how high were you when you wrote that?
o/\o

Jaguär

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2004, 11:22:00 pm »
I love Flawd.

Just when he starts making sense, he goes and falls off of his limb.   :D     :D     :D

flawd101

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2004, 07:43:00 pm »
but if i did make sense then it would be a little wierd....it makes sense to flawd....

i thought i started good but i couldnt stop talkin so....and, and and i wasnt high.

how do you know an asian person robbed your house?
 everything is still on the top shelves.

hahahahahahahaha i luv that joke almost as much as i luv jew jokes....

RainBoots

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2004, 08:08:00 pm »
I don't know if I should even be talking, considering I'm not an active politics follower, but George Bush is getting us into more than we can handle, in my opinion.

I don't know if any British people are reading this, but if so, I apologize for how we must look to all of you. I was watching BBC News and they came over to the US to interview some people about what they thought of this prisoner mistreatment stuff. The citizens they ended up choosing to interview were some rednecks drunks at a bar in the middle of no where. I'm really afriad to even think about what we looked like to the rest of the world. *shudders*  :eek:

Jaguär

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2004, 12:42:00 am »
Originally posted by StarSpree:
  I don't know if any British people are reading this, but if so, I apologize for how we must look to all of you. I was watching BBC News and they came over to the US to interview some people about what they thought of this prisoner mistreatment stuff. The citizens they ended up choosing to interview were some rednecks drunks at a bar in the middle of no where. I'm really afriad to even think about what we looked like to the rest of the world. *shudders*         :eek:        
Didn't see it and am not really commenting on this issue specifically but one thing that I learned in art school, and learned well, is that a good narrarator (journalist, artist, photographer, etc...) can tell any story they want regardless of the truth. Same tactics are used by all countries to portray whatever is the most expediant or effective for their agenda, be it political or monetary. Can't help but wonder if they went looking for specific responses by being selective of a group they expected certain reactions and images from. I see that kind of stuff all of the time. Even locally on small town issues. Do some research and you'll find that the Nazis and the Soviets taught us well. By 'us', I mean the entire world. Hey, they learned much of it from their predicisors, some of them being the very early Muslims. Research the origin and relationships of the words hashish and assassin. REMINDER: I'm only meaning to discuss my mistrust of the media worldwide, including the US and the UK; not the prison abuse issue. I'm staying out of that one for now. Honestly, I haven't even formulated my own opinion yet on the matter as I feel that I don't know enough of what really went down and suspect that there may be a lot more to this story than any of us know. And don't assume that I am in any way defending them either. I'm not. There is way too much psychological crap going around now with the entire world to jump to quick conclusions when a lot of us are being manipulated from all sides.

Mankie, thinking about what you wrote, in the Muslim culture, photographs of a person or pictures of them were forbidden. Yes, I know it's done now but they are one of those cultures that believe that the image captures a part of the soul. Or something like that. I can't help but wonder if that may have had something to do with photographing them. Either way, it does seem that something got terribly out of hand. I say 'seem' only because, for all we know, leaking them out may be part of someone's ploy. It's all fucked up no matter how you look at it. I fucking HATE this war shit!!!

Sir HC

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2004, 09:21:00 am »
Very true Jag.  Look at the post 9/11 pictures of people in Arab countries pandering to the cameras cheering on about the towers toppling.  All you need is one person with whatever view you want, show them and make it be the view for everyone.

flawd101

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2004, 04:49:00 pm »
dont know if it is true but the pictures were going around the base and someone thought it was wrong and sent them to family not knowing what to do.  that must have been nice letter for the kids to see...

they deserve to get in trouble, they took pictures, they were asking for it.
 #1 rule of doing something bad is no pics.