Author Topic: i need some major persuasive help here  (Read 13370 times)

vansmack

Re: i need some major persuasive help here
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2005, 07:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:

vansmack,   i didn't even think about proposing something, like, staying on the phone with them until i'm in the club or not.  
Believe me, it's from experience.  

First off, every kid thinks their relationship with their parents suck.  And I'm not saying this because I want to defend your folks and I certainly DO NOT want details about what your relationship with your folks is like.  My hypocrisy has it's boundaries.  I look back and laugh at how well I had it, but if you'd have asked me then.....all the while my folks took me to see The Dead and Bob Dylan, the Stones, and, of all things The Who in LA. It takes a pretty cool parent to do stuff like that.  Sure they hated Social D, Love and Rockets and The Smiths etc., but we found common ground.

Second, I did the sneak to a show thing back in the day because my mom did the sneak to a show back in the day (she snuck to Hollywood to see the Beatle's at The Hollywood Bowl in the 60's, I snuck to LA to see U2 at the LA Sports Arena in the 80s).  Both of us had miserable experiences trying to get home and ended up having to call a family member in the end to get home.  We laugh now about how easy it would have been to ask for help prior.  After that, I worked it out with them, and a compromise was found.  I didn't see every show, but I saw enough shows to fill my thirst for live music.

Good luck and it's not the end of the world.  You'll see more shows in college and after you get your first real job then you'll know what to do with.  They even become a blur after a while.
27>34