> GENERAL DISCUSSION

If you like Bad News...

(1/3) > >>

vansmack:
No DC date announced (yet), but you can catch Modest Mouse on The OC tomorrow night!

Modest Mouse Launch Tour

Indie rockers bring "Good News" across the U.S.

Issaquah, Washington indie rockers Modest Mouse are set to kick off a U.S. tour on January 21st in Nashville.

Although the trio -- vocalist/guitarist Isaac Brock, drummer Jeremiah Green and bassist Eric Judy -- has been together for twelve years, its latest album, Good News for People Who Love Bad News, has proven the breakthrough, selling more than its three predecessors combined. Modest Mouse recently nabbed two Grammy nominations, for Best Rock Song ("Float On") and Best Alternative Album.

Not bad for an album recorded in the midst of much personal turmoil, with Brock struggling with alcohol abuse and Green leaving halfway through for a stay in a psychiatric hospital (Green rejoined the band for last summer's tour). Amid all the drama, Brock recalls, "We agreed to continue . . . And once we made the decision, it was really easy . . . I made up my mind that things were going to be better."

As for Modest Mouse's current success, Brock shrugs, "It's just the way things are -- they're good, they're fucked up. It is what it is."

The Grammys will be broadcast live on CBS on February 13th, and Modest Mouse can be seen performing on tomorrow night's episode of The O.C. on Fox.

Modest Mouse U.S. tour dates:

1/21: Nashville, Vanderbilt University
 1/28-29: Eugene, OR, McDonald Theater
 1/31, 2/1: Santa Cruz, The Catalyst
 2/2: Fresno, CA, Fresno Convention Center
 2/3: Berkeley, CA, Berkeley Community Theatre
 2/4: Santa Barbara, Arlington Theatre
 2/5: San Diego, Soma
 2/7: Los Angeles, Wiltern Theatre
 2/14: Anaheim, CA, The Grove of Anaheim
 2/15: Mesa, AZ, Mesa Amphitheatre
 2/18: Grand Prairie, TX, Nokia Live
 2/21: Tulsa, Cain's Ballroom
 2/22: Kansas City, Uptown Theatre
 2/23: St. Louis, The Pageant
 2/24: Iowa City, Iowa University Main Lounge
 2/25: Chicago, Congress Theatre
 2/26: Milwaukee, Eagles Club
 2/27: Minneapolis, First Avenue
 3/3: Denver, The Fillmore Auditorium

poorlulu:
i thought this was going to be another thread about u2....

vansmack:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by poorlulu:
  i thought this was going to be another thread about u2....
--- End quote ---
I limit that to one thread, although if you keep it up.....

Fico:
Can't wait till tonight's episode..Marissa losses it again, but who cares...it's all about Summer and that new bird that manages the rock venue..

all these years of withdrawal from no Saved by the Bell, Dawson's Creek or Felicity have come to pass with the OC...flippin' sweet!

walkonby:
and all tomorrow's parties . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version