> GENERAL DISCUSSION
Arctic Monkeys roll call
<< < (11/12) > >>
bearman🐻:
I thought it wasn't a good show, at some moments I was really having a fun time and at others I felt like the band were kind of one-dimensional. That being said, for what they are I think they do it well. I would imagine in the UK they would be one of those "let's get pissed and sing our arses off" kind of bands. I was getting some of that vibe last night from the people around me. Lots and lots of singing and drunken hugging. In a way I have to say that it was really neat to see how many people were getting excited about the show, and I didn't see or notice any moshing. People jumping up and down and dancing around is NOT the same thing as moshing. Trust me, I went to many, many concerts in the 1990's where that crap just got totally out of control.
Brian_Wallace:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by bnyced0:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Relaxer:
   but I'll bet in the UK, their shows have become an "event".

--- End quote ---
That's an understatement, they have two dates at Old Trafford in July, 70K plus and yes TWO dates.  

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={3D311A73-611A-43C9-9852-82DF97917873}&section=oldTrafford

I'm assuming they'll play everything they've ever recorded and perhaps some covers and the set might clock in a little over 2 hours.  No worries it'll be on DVD in time for Xmas. [/b]
--- End quote ---
Amy Winehouse is on that bill.

Brian
Vas Deferens:
Are you Bull930?

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Brian_Walalce:

--- End quote ---
Amy Winehouse is on that bill.

Brian [/b][/QUOTE]
leafblower:
I'm with you guys.  Goo show, but not great.  It all got a bit samey after a while.

I have some  Be Your Own Pet photos over on my blog.
Cock Van Der Palm:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by bizou311®:
  did anyone go to the AM show when they played at Sonar last year? How did it compare to last nights show?
--- End quote ---
I was at the Sonar show last year as well as the 930 club show last year.  In my opinion I thought last night's show was the best but I seem to be in the minority.  I really enjoyed the show, but I went in expecting the following:

-short show
 -little on-stage banter
 -no encore.

I thought the song selection and sound was great (I was upstairs over soundboard).  Also DC's no smoking policy has made my 930 shows so much more enjoyable.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version