Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285693 times)

BookerT

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #330 on: December 29, 2008, 02:41:48 pm »
can anyone else get in to yahoo fantasy football?  i need to swap out Gostkowski  (65 mph wind gusts in buffalo!) but i can't get in.  dammit.  if anyone wants to propose an alternative FF site for next season, please go ahead.

and in other news, the purse for this year's winners won't be quite as big as promised, since distancexx and hoitel haven't paid up yet despite NUMEROUS reminders.  boooooo.

So what am I looking at for second place?

Oh and for the record I think it's lame that someone would take part in the league and then welch on paying their fee.

sounds like grounds for board banishment, if you ask me.

as i said over on the league page, i certainly backed into the title this year thanks to the lack of playoffs. i'll defend properly next year. ideally, you could have a 14-team league, everybody plays everybody once, then weeks 14, 15 and 16 are the playoffs. just something to think about.

killsaly

« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2008, 03:03:13 pm »
Just dont switch to the ESPN one, its crap.  It was a fun season.  Too bad my team didnt do better, but at least it was there to pad the stats of others.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #332 on: December 29, 2008, 04:31:59 pm »
League930 Final Standings for 2008

in first place we have the newcomers BookerT-Bars, managed by BookerT, with a record of 14-3-0.  jay cutler certainly did your team proud.  first place purse: $175.

coming in second at 12-5-0, and improving on last year's third place finish, are the Rock N Roll Outlaws.  their manager, Shadrach, drafted both the best QB (brees) and RB (d. williams).  your efforts have earned you $75.

placing 3rd is HoyaParanoia at 11-6-0.  no superstars on this team, as none of his players are in the top 15 point-earners.  regardless, he's earned himself $25.

no love for dhinojwala/crever's team, We Are Both Carls - despite scoring the most points this season (1784), he's just out of the money at 10-7-0. 

winners should contact me (PM, e-mail, or through the league site) to let me know how they'd like to be paid.  i had a blast playing with y'all, and thank you for continuing my education in football.  having pulled myself out of the league's basement (9th!), next year i'll try to make the top half.  speaking of next year, we'll have playoffs.  i like the 14-team idea despite it being a tad crowded - TBD.

enjoy the (real) playoffs,
da commish

update: a delinquent account has been paid up, so prizes have been bumped up accordingly.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:43:45 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2009, 05:45:29 pm »
football is almost upon us, which means that the board's third season of fantasy football can't be too far behind!  last year's participants have been invited, but anyone can sign up by

- Going to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
- Entering the League ID#: 708504 (fyi, League Name: League930)
- Entering Password: 930rox

please PM me if you'd like me to send you an invite - it's not required b/c you can sign up using above info, but some people like the warm fuzzy that comes with an invitation.

league dues will remain $25.  see my previous post above for last year's disbursement, this year's will be similar.  we will have a PLAYOFF this year - top 4 teams will advance to the "post season", to be held over weeks 15 & 16.

draft is currently set for Wed Sept 2 at 8:30pm EDT, although i'm entirely amenable to rescheduling if folks have a preference.  maybe a lunch-time draft works better for some folks?

see y'all on the virtual turf, bitches.
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2009, 08:19:39 pm »
any way we can not do a wednesday?
nothx

walkonby

« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2009, 08:19:52 pm »
if they were all naked . . . god,  i would so play.

killsaly

« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2009, 04:04:16 pm »
I am good for any day for the draft.  Will it be the "live" draft that Yahoo uses?  I used it last night, and i thought it was great. 

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2009, 04:05:35 pm »
I'm out this year, been neglecting too many fantasy teams.
(o|o)

BookerT

« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2009, 04:27:29 pm »
i will once again put forth minimal effort and destroy you all.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #339 on: August 27, 2009, 04:27:29 pm »

ok, how about thursday (sept 3) at 8:30 pm?  hopefully that doesn't interfere with your TV viewing schedule :)  seriously tho, please let me know if that doesn't work for anyone.

i will once again put forth minimal effort and destroy you all.

i hereby put forth the motion that we re-name the league from "League930" to "All As One In Defeating That Bitch BookerT (Or At Least Making Sure He Doesn't Win)".  thoughts?
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #340 on: August 27, 2009, 04:31:58 pm »
Hey, I don't want to play but can I be the commissioner of the league and rule with a Roger Goodell-like iron-fist over the disputes of the day? I have alot of really smart looking suits and promise to enact personal conduct policies for all team-owners.

Come on guys, it'll be fun! Impartial 3rd party commission, just like the real NFL! I'll even announce all the first-round picks via webcam just like the real NFL draft!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2009, 02:57:51 pm »

ok, how about thursday (sept 3) at 8:30 pm?  hopefully that doesn't interfere with your TV viewing schedule :)  seriously tho, please let me know if that doesn't work for anyone.

ok, draft has been changed to thursday 9/03 at 8:30 pm.  apologies to anyone who got an incorrect notification that it will be tomorrow (wednesday) - that's wrong.  we're doing it after tomorrow.

i'll probably be on a train at the time, so i'll let the system auto-pick from my list.

for you stragglers: we have 8 teams so far, still room for you to sign up.

EDIT: just noticed someone requested an earlier start time.  anyone object to moving the draft to 7 pm instead of 8:30?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:04:01 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #342 on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »
i'd much prefer 830 to 7. 730 compromise? that said, we need more than 8 teams, stat...

Shadrach

« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2009, 04:09:08 pm »

ok, draft has been changed to thursday 9/03 at 8:30 pm.  apologies to anyone who got an incorrect notification that it will be tomorrow (wednesday) - that's wrong.  we're doing it after tomorrow.

i'll probably be on a train at the time, so i'll let the system auto-pick from my list.

for you stragglers: we have 8 teams so far, still room for you to sign up.

EDIT: just noticed someone requested an earlier start time.  anyone object to moving the draft to 7 pm instead of 8:30?

I've signed up and I always participate and compete, but I'm not going to be able to play this season with the draft being scheduled when it is. First of all late in the evening cuts into family time (dinner, putting the kid to bed and what not). As for Thursday, I'm working behind the bar at the club that night so can't draft then (that should count for something since this is a 9:30 league). We've always done the draft in the middle of the day in past seasons, why suddenly change it????

Bottom line is I'd rather not play if I can't actually draft live. I'm not a fan of the auto draft.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2009, 04:25:26 pm »
let's not lose shadrach... so how about a 12:30 pm lunch-hour draft on thursday?
<sig>