Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285832 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #525 on: September 13, 2011, 12:01:02 pm »
i lost by 0.40 points in another league thanks to davone bess's last minute meaningless catch ... gotta love fantasy football ...
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #526 on: September 22, 2011, 01:44:30 pm »
Is Dexter McCluster eligible at RB and WR in the Yahoo league?
27>34

Shadrach

« Reply #527 on: September 22, 2011, 02:43:39 pm »
I lost in another league, after being down by 8 points, with H. Nicks playing on Monday night. I wound up losing by .14 points. Today Yahoo credited Nicks with a 23 yard reception originally ruled pass interferance (which was declined). That 2.3 points was enough to give me the win. The fantasy gods smiled on me today. It's not every day you earn a win on a Thursday when there are no games.

vansmack

« Reply #528 on: September 22, 2011, 06:57:06 pm »

No seriously.  This is causing some problems in our league (ESPN) because he's eligible for both positions and now with Jamal Charles out it could be a wonderful advantage to his owner (who happens to be smackie).

Is he eligible for both positions in yahoo?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #529 on: September 22, 2011, 10:45:37 pm »

No seriously.  This is causing some problems in our league (ESPN) because he's eligible for both positions and now with Jamal Charles out it could be a wonderful advantage to his owner (who happens to be smackie).

Is he eligible for both positions in yahoo?

join our league next year, and you'll find out  :P

(yes, he's eligible for both positions.  i waffled on picking him up... my bad)
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #530 on: September 22, 2011, 11:21:06 pm »
(yes, he's eligible for both positions.  i waffled on picking him up... my bad)

Nice.

I bought him at the auction draft for $1...not quite Vick for $1 last year, but there's potential.  As long as he's got dual eligibility elsewhere, I'm good. Thanks sweetcell.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #531 on: October 11, 2011, 09:34:21 am »
i got megatron'ed.

*sigh*
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #532 on: October 11, 2011, 01:46:14 pm »
i got megatron'ed.

*sigh*

Lots of people did. His presence was why I had Stafford ranked so high this season. Stafford has 13 passing TD's so far, nine of them are to Calvin Johnson.

BookerT

« Reply #533 on: October 11, 2011, 02:06:54 pm »
i got megatron'ed.

*sigh*

This is one of the most pathetic title-defense seasons I've ever witnessed...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #534 on: October 11, 2011, 04:43:24 pm »
didn't you get the memo?  the management of the New Jersey Barebacks have postponed their quest for a repeat for one year.  please tune in to this fantasy football league this time next year, to watch the Barebacks take take their rightful place atop the podium.  until then, good night and good luck!

...it's been a tough start to the season, and frankly it's probably over for me.  i've pretty consistently put up enough points to beat half the league - unfortunately my opponents have equally consistently been in the other half.  eli and big ben have been playing tricks on me - which ever of the two i started, the other would have the better day.  my top 3 picks - turner, bradshaw and fitzgerald - have collectively only had 4 big performance, out of a 15 chances.  all in all, this isn't a recipe for a winning season.  with 9 games to go, i'd consider getting to .500 a major accomplishment.

besides, i've seen the view from the top.  it ain't all that.  no, really.  i like it here in the gutter, looking up at the stars...
<sig>

Stillwater

« Reply #535 on: October 16, 2011, 02:08:14 pm »
Hey whomever is Rock N Roll Outlaws, you have an open spot in your lineup.  You should put someone in before the 4pm games.

Id rather not win like that...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #536 on: October 16, 2011, 05:03:45 pm »
Rock N Roll Outlaws = Shadrach

i came close to leaving my TE position empty this week.  my line-up is full of talent and there is no one i was willing to drop in favor of swapping in a temporary TE.  i came close to foregoing the TE position for one week, then decided to trade.

in other news, looks like i'm on track for my first win.  fingers and other appendages crossed. 
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #537 on: October 18, 2011, 08:57:29 am »

Can you just segue this into "Favorite Dungeons & Dragons Modules" or "Favorite Dr. Who episodes" and be done with it?

Brian

brian: you should spend less time twisting your panties into a knot over things you can't control (i know, it's frustrating, there there) and spend more time on fantasy football.  this past week you left Julio Jones in your lineup - he was deactivated as of last wednesday.  less hatin', mo' winnin'.

I really didn't have any options there.  Andre Johnson's out.  Julio Jones was "injured."  Mike Williams was on a bye.  I would have had to pick up a wide receiver and my options were....Austin Collie....Lee Evans....Braylon Edwards...Roy Williams...Steve Smith.  None of which could have helped me make up a 45 points deficit.  If I had a crystal ball, I could have picked up Devin Hester but even he didn't score 45 points. 

My only hope was that Julio Jones would man up like Julius Peppers did and play. 

Brian

Shadrach

« Reply #538 on: October 18, 2011, 09:20:19 am »
Ugh, second pick = last place.

Although I have the fifth most points scored, I have far and away the most points scored against.

This week doesn't get any easier with half my team on a bye, including my QB.

The fantasy mistress, she can be a cruel one.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #539 on: October 18, 2011, 02:40:28 pm »
so looks like my team finally woke up... and crushed everyone as it rolled over and asked itself "huh, what week is this?!?"  don't call it a comeback, 'cause it isn't one yet ;D  nice to be out of the basement, just wish i could be a little better at spreading out those points from week to week.

I really didn't have any options there.  Andre Johnson's out.  Julio Jones was "injured."  Mike Williams was on a bye.  I would have had to pick up a wide receiver and my options were....Austin Collie....Lee Evans....Braylon Edwards...Roy Williams...Steve Smith.  None of which could have helped me make up a 45 points deficit.  If I had a crystal ball, I could have picked up Devin Hester but even he didn't score 45 points. 

My only hope was that Julio Jones would man up like Julius Peppers did and play. 

Brian

admittedly, in hindsight your non-action was prescient :)

This week doesn't get any easier with half my team on a bye, including my QB.

i have most of my byes grouped over 2 weeks (5 this past weekend, week 8 has 7 of 'em!).  that had me worried earlier on.  i considered taking a bath those two weeks and calling them foregone losses, but with some creativity i managed my way through this past weekend.  not sure about week 8 tho.
<sig>