Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285663 times)

Shadrach

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #540 on: October 19, 2011, 11:13:44 am »
Hey whomever is Rock N Roll Outlaws, you have an open spot in your lineup.  You should put someone in before the 4pm games.

Id rather not win like that...

I swear I put Nate Burleson in at my Flex. The only thing I can think of is that I forgot to click the submit button before leaving the page. Would have given me the win by fractions of a point too. Sucks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #541 on: October 23, 2011, 03:55:25 pm »
so, how's that arian foster kid workin' out for ya?
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #542 on: November 01, 2011, 11:40:46 am »
Amazing and unlikely victory by the BookerT-Bars last night. We Are Both Carls had Rivers, Novak and SD defense, made up the deficit to either get within 1 point or take a slight lead with 2 minutes left in the game. SD was kneeling to set up Novak for a chip shot game-winning FG to give Charges and Carls the win ... then Rivers fumbles on a kneel down, losing Carls a point and sending the game to OT. There the Chiefs get a field goal, knocking another point from the SD defense's fantasy score and the BookerT-Bars escape with a 1.4 point victory.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #543 on: November 06, 2011, 10:31:42 pm »
FUCK YOU KEVIN FAULK

once again, there are only 2 other teams out of 11 who could beat me.  once again, i happen to be playing one of them.  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #544 on: November 08, 2011, 03:55:22 pm »
i was going to post this earlier today, but work got in the way and then vansmack beat me to it...

thursday games start this week.  for information about how deadlines, etc are handled please refer to http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/football/rosters/fsgearlygm.html.  as a reminder, our league is set to "Sunday - Tuesday waivers".

the trade deadline is Nov 18.

Amazing and unlikely victory by the BookerT-Bars last night. We Are Both Carls had Rivers, Novak and SD defense, made up the deficit to either get within 1 point or take a slight lead with 2 minutes left in the game. SD was kneeling to set up Novak for a chip shot game-winning FG to give Charges and Carls the win ... then Rivers fumbles on a kneel down, losing Carls a point and sending the game to OT. There the Chiefs get a field goal, knocking another point from the SD defense's fantasy score and the BookerT-Bars escape with a 1.4 point victory.

i see you decided to pad your win this week with a cushion of 2.28 points ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:56:53 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #545 on: November 08, 2011, 03:57:20 pm »
FUCK YOU KEVIN FAULK

I would like to reiterate this sentiment. 

I lost by two and had K-Faulk active.  I have renamed my team to "I Hate Kevin Faulk"
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #546 on: November 08, 2011, 04:05:55 pm »
FUCK YOU KEVIN FAULK

I would like to reiterate this sentiment. 

I lost by two and had K-Faulk active.  I have renamed my team to "I Hate Kevin Faulk"

same here.  i swapped out DJ Ware for Faulk off waivers at 12:59 pm on sunday, seconds before the deadline.  Ware put up 2.3 points.  i lost by 1.74. 
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #547 on: November 08, 2011, 04:07:52 pm »
i see you decided to pad your win this week with a cushion of 2.28 points ;D

I have the second most points in the league and make no apologies for my 8-1 record ... but I've gotten some lucky wins the past 2 weeks. Three Maclin catches in the 4th quarter while McCoy disappeared got this W for me.

Stillwater

« Reply #548 on: November 21, 2011, 06:29:46 pm »
A real barn burner for first place this week...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #549 on: November 21, 2011, 06:58:16 pm »
indeed!  i'll have a lot to keep track of during this game.  first place show-down should be a good one.  i've got 3 players on the field (battle, mccluster and gostkowski), need to make up 15 points vs. killsaly's one (woodhead).  and of course my general interest in seeing the pats prevail.

i hope this one turns into a high-scoring shootout.  don't worry stillwater, hopefully the Pats' D will be strong like last week and create a lot of turnovers (thus giving the ball back to battle and mccluster - everyone wins!)
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #550 on: November 22, 2011, 12:54:41 pm »
My winning steak may have come too late. I'm dangerously close to being mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Stillwater

« Reply #551 on: November 22, 2011, 01:45:41 pm »
Not saying that the 3 of us at 8-3 are out of the woods yet being up by only a game, but I just went through the schedule, and the next 3 weeks are basically a round robin for that last playoff spot.

Still in contention:

1.   Stillwater.................8-3-0   1232.36   
2.   BookerT-Bars............8-3-0   1157.74   
3.   killsaly.....................8-3-0   1043.60   
4.   We Are Both Carls......7-4-0   1158.48
--------------------------------------------------
5.   Hoya Paranoia...........7-4-0   1115.42   
6.   team salty................6-5-0   1107.58   
7.   Rock N Roll Outlaws....5-6-0    1024.56

Week 12:
team salty (6-5)   vs. Hoya Paranoia (7-4)
We Are Both Carls (7-4) vs. killsaly (8-3)
Stillwater, Booker T and Outlaws vs. teams out of contention

Week 13:

We Are Both Carls (7-4) vs. Hoya Paranoia (7-4)
team salty (6-5) vs. Rock N Roll Outlaws (5-6)
Stillwater, Booker T and killsaly vs. teams out of contention

Week 14:

Stillwater (8-3) vs. team salty (6-5)
Hoya Paranoia (7-4) vs. killsaly (8-3)
We Are Both Carls (7-4) vs. Rock N Roll Outlaws (5-6)
Booker T vs. team out of contention

Shadrach- I think you'll need to take care of business and win out, root for the Top 3 to win the rest of their games (killsaly in particular).  You are going to need to score some points too to help out with the tiebreaker.

Anyway, should be a pretty exciting finish...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #552 on: November 22, 2011, 02:05:40 pm »
congrats to stillwater for a strong showing last night.  ah-whaddup Pats D?!?

the fact that i have more points than 4 of the 7 people on that list, yet am sitting in the basement, KILLS me.

i redirect my hate from kevin faulk to thomas jones.  jones was supposed to be an after-thought in the chiefs' running game, but he ended up having the biggest game of RBs - stealing touches from my mccluster and battle.  i ended up losing by 2 points.  breaston was the chief i should have started, but didn't.  eff.  again.
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #553 on: November 22, 2011, 02:22:28 pm »
My team is struggling lately. I was doing it with smoke and mirrors mostly, starting to catch up. I pray to the almighty Tebow to deliver me from this mortal coil to the fantasy football heavens...

BookerT

« Reply #554 on: November 29, 2011, 01:05:50 pm »
there was some real craziness going on in last night's game. three very big come-from-behind victories with serious playoff implications. hoya went from down 53 to winning by 12, and he only had 2 players going!