Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285752 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #570 on: December 20, 2011, 05:16:45 pm »

Yes.  I bailed.  Thanks for inviting me, though.  Both of my quarterbacks are out.  My best receiver and running back are out.  It was time to wave the white flag.

I'm focused on my fantasy basketball draft tomorrow night for my team, "Amnesty International."  I think I'm going with an All-Pissed-Off/Perceived-Slight team.  Kobe, Dwight Howard, Rondo.....

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #571 on: December 25, 2011, 10:33:24 am »
given the horrible season that the new jersey barebacks had, its management has called this season a wash-out and has headed south early.  this decision will compromise my ability to oversee the end of the season and provide my usual summary write-up, but between doing that and hitting the waves... pass me my margarita, will ya hon?  grassy ass.

best of luck to stillwater!  and congrats to everyone for our group effort in ensuring that bookerT doesn't take the crown.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #572 on: December 29, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »
Congrats to everyone! It was a fun season and I look forward to the next one.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #573 on: January 04, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »
League930 Final Standings for 2011-2012

our champion this year is first-time winner Stillwater who takes home $150 and bragging rights.  stafford came through big in the final game, allowing him to beat We Are Both Carls - who will have to console himself with his $65 prize.  third place, and $25, went to perennial podium-dweller BookerT.  he bested 4th-place killsaly.

shadrach's Rock N Roll Outlaws beat Hoya Paranoia for 5th place while Yada's TBD bested retrospec's team salty for 7th.

despite my piss-poor showing i once again had an absolute blast playing with y'all and look forward to next season. enjoy the real playoffs,
da commish
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:26:52 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2012, 12:30:27 pm »
belated congrats to stillwater. a title well earned. considering my injury situation (my first round pick played less than 2 quarters), a 3rd place finish is not bad. but this franchise is used to championships and two years in a row without one leaves the fans restless.

killsaly

« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2012, 01:38:43 pm »
4th place = my best finish so far in this league.
and Booker... is your screen name from:

or:

Yada

« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »
How bout' some football talk?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #577 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:15 pm »
i really haven't been paying attention... other than big signings, what's the news?

and who is ready for another year for League_930 fantasy football?!?
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #578 on: July 18, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »
i really haven't been paying attention... other than big signings, what's the news?

and who is ready for another year for League_930 fantasy football?!?

Dez Bryant beats up his mom, but that's already been covered in another thread.

Skins paid up for a guy that will probably blow out his knee... that's all I got.

BookerT

« Reply #579 on: August 07, 2012, 06:01:02 pm »
Someone should start this up. Last year's league was good stuff (except for the fact that I didn't win - again).

Yada

« Reply #580 on: August 07, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »
Someone should start this up. Last year's league was good stuff (except for the fact that I didn't win - again).

Agreed!

Yada

« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:59 pm »
Is this happening this year?? Otherwise, I need to find myself another league!

BookerT

« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2012, 05:39:55 pm »
Is this happening this year?? Otherwise, I need to find myself another league!

Yeah come on Sweetcell, where are ya? I think you are the one who can re-register the league, get a draft time, etc.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2012, 11:42:13 pm »
ok, ok, sorry folks - recently back from vacation (portugal. the country) and soooo much catching up to do... but yes, FF930 2012 is a go.  gimme a sec to set up and re-invite last year's veterans.  who's in?

we thank you for your patience.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #584 on: August 14, 2012, 12:05:56 am »
y'all ready to do this? welcome to the 2012 season of League930 fantasy football!

to join:
    - go to yahoo fantasy football homepage (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/)
    - click on "JOIN an existing league and compete against other players - Join a League"
    - sign in to your yahoo account (or create one)
    - click on "Join Custom League"
    - League ID: 506201, password: "930rox"
    - create a team
    - beat BookerT

league dues are $20, payable before the first game of the season.  payment can be made via paypal or check & snail-mail, see commissioner's note on the league page: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/league930

last year's managers should have already received an invite to resurrect their old teams.  if you don't want to play this year, please decline the invitation as soon as you can - spots are reserved for returning teams, so free up your spot if your not going to use it.

the live online draft is currently set to for Wednesday, Aug 22 at 9:00pm EDT.  i'm flexible about when this goes down, both in terms of the date and time of day (lunch time is an option too) HOWEVER keep in mind that the following week (Aug 27-31) draft times are very limited in the evenings - before 6:30 pm of after 10:45.  for the 1st time yahoo is limiting how many drafts can occur simultaneously.  please let me know your preference.

don't let BookerT win,
da commish
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:00:30 am by sweetcell »
<sig>