Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285665 times)

Stillwater

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #585 on: August 14, 2012, 02:31:53 am »
Unfortunately, the defending champ is going to have to bow out.  I am leaving for Spain this morning and don't return until Sept 4th. 

It was a lot of fun last year, so if you are on the fence- do it! and take my spot.

Yada

« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2012, 09:15:48 am »
Signed up!

Unfortunately, the defending champ is going to have to bow out.  I am leaving for Spain this morning and don't return until Sept 4th. 

It was a lot of fun last year, so if you are on the fence- do it! and take my spot.

Where in Spain?? I'm going in a few weeks!

Stillwater

« Reply #587 on: August 14, 2012, 03:55:35 pm »
Signed up!

Seville, Malaga, Valencia, Barcelona... yourself?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #588 on: August 14, 2012, 06:11:50 pm »
I'm in and good with draft time. What is spiky of winnings?  Winner take all or does super bowl runner up get a piece.

BookerT

« Reply #589 on: August 14, 2012, 07:41:10 pm »
Thanks for setting it up again, Sweetcell. Draft time works for me.

Too bad you won't be back to defend the title, Stillwater. But you'll be on vacation in Spain, which some might even argue is better than winning a fantasy football league! (I've only been to Valencia of that bunch - amazing city, enjoy.)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #590 on: August 14, 2012, 09:56:45 pm »
What is spiky of winnings?  Winner take all or does super bowl runner up get a piece.

top 3 finishers get paid: $150/$65/$25 was last year's breakdown.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #591 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:28 am »
I'll do the draft from Captiva Island with a beverage in hand.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #592 on: August 15, 2012, 09:11:35 am »
(portugal. the country)

this is very funny.  that is all.

booker t - 'grats on the promotion.
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #593 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:00 pm »
y'all ready to do this? welcome to the 2012 season of League930 fantasy football!

to join:
    - go to yahoo fantasy football homepage (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/)
    - click on "JOIN an existing league and compete against other players - Join a League"
    - sign in to your yahoo account (or create one)
    - click on "Join Custom League"
    - League ID: 506201, password: "930rox"
    - create a team
    - beat BookerT

league dues are $20, payable before the first game of the season.  payment can be made via paypal or check & snail-mail, see commissioner's note on the league page: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/league930

last year's managers should have already received an invite to resurrect their old teams.  if you don't want to play this year, please decline the invitation as soon as you can - spots are reserved for returning teams, so free up your spot if your not going to use it.

the live online draft is currently set to for Wednesday, Aug 22 at 9:00pm EDT.  i'm flexible about when this goes down, both in terms of the date and time of day (lunch time is an option too) HOWEVER keep in mind that the following week (Aug 27-31) draft times are very limited in the evenings - before 6:30 pm of after 10:45.  for the 1st time yahoo is limiting how many drafts can occur simultaneously.  please let me know your preference.

don't let BookerT win,
da commish

looking good: we're up to 8 teams.  that's the minimum for a viable league, IMO, but it would be better if we could get to 10 teams.  c'mon folks, sign up.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #594 on: August 15, 2012, 01:12:17 pm »
Signed up!

Seville, Malaga, Valencia, Barcelona... yourself?

Sweet... I'm going to Barcelona > Formentera. Have a blast, I wish we were going for longer! I was in Seville and south about a decade ago, pretty amazing. Enjoy.

Yada

« Reply #595 on: August 20, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »
Are we on for Wednesday??

I guess we'll just pay at a later date one your paypal is figured out sweetcell?

stevewizzle

« Reply #596 on: August 20, 2012, 10:45:05 pm »
looks like i just made it 11 teams.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #597 on: August 20, 2012, 11:00:23 pm »
Are we on for Wednesday??

I guess we'll just pay at a later date one your paypal is figured out sweetcell?

we are indeed on for wednesday - assuming we can find a 12th team.  we can't go with 11, which is the current state of affairs.

yeah, my paypal is a mess.  i'm waiting for them to mail me something that i need to respond to.  i'm quite pissed with them at the moment.  i'll let y'all know as soon as it's cleared up.
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #598 on: August 21, 2012, 02:16:27 pm »
One more person should really, really sign up so we can have the draft tomorrow instead of being stuck with a bad draft slot if we have to reschedule. Do it!

Yada

« Reply #599 on: August 21, 2012, 02:21:58 pm »
One more person should really, really sign up so we can have the draft tomorrow instead of being stuck with a bad draft slot if we have to reschedule. Do it!

Or worst case scenario, bounce the last person that signed up. Maybe not the best way to go, but not sure how we're going to find another player.